+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Player?

Denis Law. And I think you're right about Dennis Bergkamp being named after him. Favourite Rotherham player would be more difficult and there have been vast swathes of time when I haven't seen them at all. But one of Dave Watson, Trevor Swift, John Galley or Barry Lyons.

Gordon Banks - best keeper England ever had (to date)

Stanley Matthews - still playing at a high level when he'd turned 50 - just wish I'd been old enough to see him. My father did and said he looked like a natural with the ball at his feet. Have seen plenty of footage of his play though...

Not my all time favourite but a special mention for Pele, things don't sound promising regarding his health .

Bergkamp along with Le Tissier, Stan Bowles, Charlie George, Lawrenson and Hansen (hard to say one without the other)

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post

Stanley Matthews - still playing at a high level when he'd turned 50 - just wish I'd been old enough to see him. My father did and said he looked like a natural with the ball at his feet. Have seen plenty of footage of his play though...
    Had the chance to play against Sir Stan in Malta for the Park Hotel Rowdies but I was stuck in Glasgow at the time. Bugger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12