+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Will ingerland win the cup?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Interesting comparisons and would go with you on Kane v Richarlison. But what about Neymar??!

Prob would go for Rice over Fred but Cassanero has huge experience and is a beast - I'd be concerned about him bossing the midfield and the young uns would need a canny and loud presence in Henderson.

You also didn't mention Martinelli who I have seen lots recently at Arsenal and I'd take him over Foden. Great player.

Our young uns look promising and against the weaker teams can shine. But against the more experienced and higher quality teams I'm concerned they will become much more peripheral.

I think our youngling
    I went with the starting line up of the Switzerland game which was their last win. Neymar is injured and martinelli was sub.
    Last edited by Scum-Triumphant; 05-12-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Watched all supposedly better sides in this world cup Neymar always thought he wasn't quick enough. Messi he needs carrying abit now. Mbappe & Griezmann two of best players now I've seen here.

Stats don’t really matter especially on the day, Southgate needs to get it right on the day with a plan b ready, don’t leave subs too late if needed

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Stats don’t really matter especially on the day, Southgate needs to get it right on the day with a plan b ready, don’t leave subs too late if needed

I'd go for it. Walker he's a defensive right back play Rashford in front of him. 4-4-2 Leaving Henderson out. Saka up front with Kane. Like I said Foden on the left right position for him.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I'd go for it. Walker he's a defensive right back play Rashford in front of him. 4-4-2 Leaving Henderson out. Saka up front with Kane. Like I said Foden on the left right position for him.

I would go for:

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson Rice Bellingham

Rashford Kane Foden

Rashford has the pace to get back and support Walker with Mbappe, Rice to look after Griezman with Henderson pulling the strings and getting it wide.

I would like to see Kane play further upfront, in-between the sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I would go for:

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson Rice Bellingham

Rashford Kane Foden

Rashford has the pace to get back and support Walker with Mbappe, Rice to look after Griezman with Henderson pulling the strings and getting it wide.

I would like to see Kane play further upfront, in-between the sticks.

I'd go with that. Rashford against Wales looked bordering on world class to me.

I think we have some real talent in the squad and in players that didn't make the squad, we got the best number of points and GD in the group stage, as said the teams we played were ranked top 20, we beat the African champions. i am not a great Southgate fan, but he deserves credit where it is due, the squad seem calm and balanced, we have a good chance, if we play to the best of our ability and we have a bit of luck. Some of the comments on here about England players reminds me of comments about Rotherham players, in terms of ability and positions, I really don't know what people see when they watch football!! We have the best young midfielder in the world, who is shining in the World Cup, we have real talent in Foden and Saka, both young players, we also have a deep squad only Brazil have a squad as deep as ours. To win the World Cup we have to beat the World Champions with the worlds best player, Portugal (unless Morocco do it again) with real talent that know the English game and then likely either Brazil or Argentina so it will not be easy. Personally I can't see us getting past France, I think we will be too conservative and try for a 1-0 win playing the 70min/20min style game, but I hope I am wrong. I wasn't interested at the start of the WC but with the exciting young talent we have, I hope they are successful, I just have a nagging doubt over Southgate's decision making in tight games against the best teams, but we will see.
    If we don't win it, I would like to see Messi lift the World Cup, he has been an outstanding player for so many years, and is a joy to watch. Having seen him play live a number of times, it was a real pleasure to see such a talent, it would be good for the game for him to achieve victory at the highest level.
    Last edited by Derbymiller; 07-12-2022 at 08:48 AM.

I'm going an England v Brazil final. England have more quality players than France. Bellingham Rice Rashford Foden Kane backed up with some good enough ones.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011