+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England v Senegal Match Thoughts

England v Senegal Match Thoughts

I weren't going to do this as I've stated this World Cup goes against the grain with me and even at this stage I can't say I'm particularly enthused about it .

However it is what it is and we have an opportunity to progress to the last 8 tonight in what looks to be a very wide open world cup .

We've seen a number of shocks at this tournament but once the knock outs begin there's no margin for error .

A poor performance and you are at the airport the next morning .

Be brave Gareth , who dares wins .

England ev eddit easy so far against poor Iran and Wales sides and an average USA team.

It starts to ramp up against Senegal until we come up against the proper sides--France, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Holland.

I'll go a draw and an England win on penalties.

Go out there and play to our strengths. Don't invite on pressure and go deep because we can't defend when on the back foot wiss end up conceding eventually. Also try not to give away any unnecessary set pieces because I believe Pickford is weak on crosses and dominating his area so I expect the Senegalese will have spotted this and will send their big hitters in.

Lets let the opposition worry about our attacking prowess. If we play our best and go at them then there should be no problems

It has actually been a good WC, better than I expected it to be anyway. And it's a good chance for us to make the Qtrs, this is bound to be our toughest match so far.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I weren't going to do this as I've stated this World Cup goes against the grain with me and even at this stage I can't say I'm particularly enthused about it .

However it is what it is and we have an opportunity to progress to the last 8 tonight in what looks to be a very wide open world cup .

We've seen a number of shocks at this tournament but once the knock outs begin there's no margin for error .

A poor performance and you are at the airport the next morning .

Be brave Gareth , who dares wins .
    Be brave Gareth , who dares wins.
    And has you have said before - there lies the problem.

That Bellingham is having a blinder can’t wait for him to come back to the Prem, Saka having a good game as well, but it’s a good job we’ve started going a bit direct.

Unconvincing for 35 minutes then we catch them out with two well constructed goals .

Senegal have to come out now in this second half and we SHOULD be able to pick them off .

Why do they have Roy Keane on the pundits panel? He hates England and can’t hide it. Is he part Scottish.
    They’ve just shown them when we scored and he just turned his back on the game, he could have at least given us a little clap.

Yeah Doggy, the bloke/Keane is a cretin, and he was a disgrace as a player.
    You could see in that clip how little he cared and how annoyed he looked, when we scored the second goal.On
    Billiards to him!. 😁

Itv coverage pundits commentators are the pits end of this world cup dunt start till quarter finals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast