+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ot Rotherham Taxis

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    But it wasn't labour's fault for turning a blind eye
    Will the new Labour candidate for Sheffield Central turn a blind eye?

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    But it wasn't labour's fault for turning a blind eye

Everyone turned a blind eye. Councillors, The Police, Social workers/Services, Childrens Home workers, Medical Professionals, wives and other family members of the perpetrators and even family members of the victims.

A shameful series of events but not 1 group can be soley held accountable I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Everyone turned a blind eye. Councillors, The Police, Social workers/Services, Childrens Home workers, Medical Professionals, wives and other family members of the perpetrators and even family members of the victims.

A shameful series of events but not 1 group can be soley held accountable I'm afraid.
    At least you attempted to spread the blame by putting the guilty in order of accountability.

But forgot the wall of silence by the Asian community itself that weren't related to the perpetrators.

And its still happening now in the Asian communities of Rotherham. Not gone away and never will

So, how much a mile then?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    So, how much a mile then?
    Dunno Crash but Crystal used to be the cheapest.

Wickersley to Denaby...
    A1 - £13
    Crystal - £10.50.

Recent journey to town with 6*five
    4.1 miles was £9.20.
    Last twice with 6fives both drivers were local white.
    Recent emergency one for son to Sheffield train station, 13 miles was £26. It wasn’t 6fives as non available, can’t remember which other local firm used, he struggled to get one at short notice, Asian driver didn’t know the way, directions had to be given.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Recent journey to town with 6*five
    4.1 miles was £9.20.
    Last twice with 6fives both drivers were local white.
    Recent emergency one for son to Sheffield train station, 13 miles was £26. It wasn’t 6fives as non available, can’t remember which other local firm used, he struggled to get one at short notice, Asian driver didn’t know the way, directions had to be given.
    I guess the concept of "The Knowledge" has gone out of the window with the proliferation of GPS but you'd expect a taxi driver to at least know directions to major points such as a train station/airport/hospital.

I was surprised when he told me, when he booked he obviously told them where he was going and from where. Wonder if the driver had a license. He managed to get there in time and in one piece, transpennine from Meadowhall to Manchester airport had been cancelled, had to get alternative from Sheffield.
    Transpennine probably as bad as they come..
    Last edited by millersrus; 06-12-2022 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    I was surprised when he told me, when he booked he obviously told them where he was going and from where. Wonder if the driver had a license. He managed to get there in time and in one piece, transpennine from Meadowhall to Manchester airport had been cancelled, had to get alternative from Sheffield.
    Transpennine probably as bad as they come..
    For all Airport jobs give Pegasus a ring mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    For all Airport jobs give Pegasus a ring mate.
    Even those wings won’t work at Donny

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234