+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bellingham- Best England midfielder of my lifetime.

Bellingham- Best England midfielder of my lifetime.

I just hope some pop star girlfriend or equivalent airhead doesn’t ruin this lad.

I’ve never seen a better English midfielder and I’ve seen few in the whole of World football who match this lad.

The ability to carry the ball distances using both feet along with the power and balance and ability to ghost past opponents and ride tackles is spellbinding.

Nearest thing I’ve seen to Zidane.

Once he fully matures to his physical maximum he will start to add rucks of goals as well.

England’s next captain without question.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I just hope some pop star girlfriend or equivalent airhead doesn’t ruin this lad.

I’ve never seen a better English midfielder and I’ve seen few in the whole of World football who match this lad.

The ability to carry the ball distances using both feet along with the power and balance and ability to ghost past opponents and ride tackles is spellbinding.

Nearest thing I’ve seen to Zidane.

Once he fully matures to his physical maximum he will start to add rucks of goals as well.

England’s next captain without question.
    Hi, I read somewhere that his Dad was a good footballer

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi, I read somewhere that his Dad was a good footballer
    His dad Mark scored over 700 goals in non league football Lloyd, many of them for Stourbridge FC.

Old fashioned number 9 who scored a lot of this type of goal on the clip, he was like a non league Mark Hughes in style of play.

He played in a front pair at Stourbridge FC with a lad called Rob Taylor, I discovered Rob at 17 and brought him into my Sunday League side.

Bellingham was lethal at his level though.

Interesting trivia bit, Mark has just retired as a policeman and his officer number was PC1966😎😏

https://youtu.be/09-dcXvRZPk

The role of ‘midfielder’ has changed over the years, but for me Bryan Robson would feature in my top list.
    Interesting to consider how the likes of Bobby Charlton would fit into the modern game?

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    The role of ‘midfielder’ has changed over the years, but for me Bryan Robson would feature in my top list.
    Interesting to consider how the likes of Bobby Charlton would fit into the modern game?
    Robson was a good player and better than Declan Rice but not in the class of Bellingham in my opinion.

A bit to go before he's in Gazza's class in my opinion .

Got every chance to be the very best we've produced I'll say that .

Bryan Robson. Although he was the best player in any position. Some even said if he’d have gone in goal he would probably be best in that position too. I think Bellingham is a great midfielder but when you add the steel of Robson he comes out top for me.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)