+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey up, Vinni for Belgium ?

Of course the process works like that, they will have a short-list of potential candidates, they may well want van Gaal to take over, they may well think it's too early for VK, but nevertheless they will still have a short-list of candidates and my question remains perfectly valid and you haven't answered it. Why would Vinni NOT be on that short-list ?

As for Christmas doom and gloom, I have stated that I think England could win the World Cup, you can't get more cheerful, happy and positive than that, how much more Christmas cheer are you expecting FFS ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Of course the process works like that, they will have a short-list of potential candidates, they may well want van Gaal to take over, they may well think it's too early for VK, but nevertheless they will still have a short-list of candidates and my question remains perfectly valid and you haven't answered it. Why would Vinni NOT be on that short-list ?

As for Christmas doom and gloom, I have stated that I think England could win the World Cup, you can't get more cheerful, happy and positive than that, how much more Christmas cheer are you expecting FFS ?
    I've put a new Porsche on Santa's shopping list, but the wife isn't having it.

Same goes for the Belgian FA with our Vinny.

Christmas cheer? You suggest our manager is leaving, the Tory hierarchy are not really jumping ship and BFC are well and truly skint.

I'm off to Germany, we will resume hostilities upon my return.

Are you confident enough to phone your bookmaker mon ami. What are the odds?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've put a new Porsche on Santa's shopping list, but the wife isn't having it.

Same goes for the Belgian FA with our Vinny.

Christmas cheer? You suggest our manager is leaving, the Tory hierarchy are not really jumping ship and BFC are well and truly skint.

I'm off to Germany, we will resume hostilities upon my return.
    But the Porsche is on the list isn't it, just as Vinni will be on the Belgian list. With just 4% of Tory MPs jumping ship it's clearly a non-story, actually I am amazed it's not more, but it isn't, so why do you Lefties have to lie about it ? Just as you lie when you say I'm suggesting Vinni is leaving, I do no such thing, I simply point out the bleedin obvious, that he will most certainly be on their short-list. The next lie is that I suggest BFC are skint. I do not, I simply point out that the club's own annual Financial Report states quite clearly that we are encumbered with huge debts and that the interest payments alone on that debt exceed our gate income. Not me mon ami, it's Mr Pace who signed off the above, it's wot he says, don't shoot the messenger.

Have a good trip and remember Alfie's advice, don't mention the Var, and go easy on the sausages. The sausages is my advice.
    Last edited by sinkov; 06-12-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Are you confident enough to phone your bookmaker mon ami. What are the odds?
    I cannot find any bookie pricing up who will be on the short list for the job, probably because the Belgian FA will not reveal who is on the short list. A shame, if I could I'd fill my boots.

I cannot find any bookie pricing up who will be on the short list for the job, probably because the Belgian FA will not reveal who is on the short list. A shame, if I could I'd fill my boots.
    I meant on the chances of England winning the World Cup.

Incidentally, Mrs BT says a new Porsche is "possible". I live in hope.

I said Vinnie 'will' be on the shirt-list, I only said England 'could' win the World Cup, of course they could, but that doesn't mean they're a betting proposition. Still @ 15/2 they just might be, that price seems fair enough to me, I'll have to give it some thought.

In my experience of the opposite ***, a 'possible' often means 'yes', but they are funny buggers, so I wouldn't put money on that either. You could tip off your local Porsche dealer that you're bringing the missus down, tell them to get the welcome mat out and lay it on thick. He'll know what to do and women are susceptible to flattery, even though they'd never admit it. All is not lost mon ami.

I said Vinnie 'will' be on the shirt-list, I only said England 'could' win the World Cup, of course they could, but that doesn't mean they're a betting proposition. Still @ 15/2 they just might be, that price seems fair enough to me, I'll have to give it some thought.

In my experience of the opposite ***, a 'possible' often means 'yes', but they are funny buggers, so I wouldn't put money on that either. You could tip off your local Porsche dealer that you're bringing the missus down, tell them to get the welcome mat out and lay it on thick. He'll know what to do and women are susceptible to flattery, even though they'd never admit it. All is not lost mon ami.
    I'm taking her down that fancy shopping street near the Marienplatz and treating her for Christmas in the (probably) forlorn hope she will agree to chucking the thick end of a 100 grand at a new Porsche mon ami.

Hope springs eternal.

Can't see why he would want the Belgium job, surely he's just running himself in at Burnley for a top European club in the next couple of years. Belgium might be interesting for him when he gets older, right now I'm sure he loves the day to day involvement of running a league club, doesn't he ?

On the other hand, might he not be thinking, 'the Belgium job doesn't come up often, give it a few years now, plenty of time to go back into club management afterwards'.
    This seems a pretty fair summary of the current situation I think...

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...tR7Ysz1wHGCSA4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)