+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great song from 1966

In my opinion there are far too many great singles released in 1966 to mention. The list could go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    In my opinion there are far too many great singles released in 1966 to mention. The list could go on and on.
    Let’s not bother with a forum then.

All that writing is just so tiresome.

List of all the number 1s from 66
    https://www.number-ones.co.uk/1966-number-ones.html

It has to be Keep On Running

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    List of all the number 1s from 66
    https://www.number-ones.co.uk/1966-number-ones.html
    Christ, doesn’t that lot put today’s s h y t e into perspective.

Virtually every one of those is stellar, a classic.

Hi Mick, here are the 2022 number 1s, the only one I know is an oldie Kate Bush.
    https://www.number-ones.co.uk/2022-number-ones.html

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Christ, doesn’t that lot put today’s s h y t e into perspective.

Virtually every one of those is stellar, a classic.
    I like a lot of stuff from the 80s, 90s and noughties but, to me, the 60s and 70s were the hey days of modern pop music that emerged out of mid 50s rock and roll and Elvis and Little Richard and all that. Those decades particularly saw an explosion in the variety of different types of music too as more people started to write their own stuff and advances in recording techniques also opened new possibilities. There is a reason so many songs from these years are considered classics.

There are still some songs that catch my ear today, but very few. Of more recent bands I like Wolf Alice and I like younger artists like Joy Crooks and Orla Gartland but most of it today's stuff passes me by. Maybe it's just me getting old?😞😀

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)