+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Labour speeches.

Labour speeches.

Starmer gave a speech today with the worst ex prime minister this country has ever had, The Brown.....stuff.

Saying nothing about everything, except the house of lords.

Reform was what his speech was about, what else? Nothing about inflation, the EU, whether to rejoin or not, Northern Ireland, Russia, being many trillions in debt, the strikes, hs2, tax, growth, covid, brexit, Scotlands independance, legal immigration, and illegal immigration.

The low calibre of politicians. Cost of living, net zero, power, have i left owt out?

Instead we will get Neil Kinnocks approach, endlees talk......getting nowhere. And before you have a go at the Tories....your right.

The absolute last day on which the next General E­rection can be held is 28th January 2025. In the unlikely event that anyone is interested in the working out of that date I can provide the logic that results in it.

Thus Starmer has plenty of time in which to raise any topics of interest to the well-being of the UK. He commissioned Brown, as a respected former Prime Minister, to write a report and make recommendations about the future of The House Of Lords. Today that report was published. Starmer made a speech about it. Brown did various media interviews. Starmer spends most days talking about a wide range of matters and has plenty of time to carry on doing that.

As for worst ever Prime Minister there are quite a few Tory Prime Ministers in that competition, including Truss, Johnson, Cameron .... a list that is as long as my d­ick, so it would take all day to read a list that long.
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 05-12-2022 at 08:34 PM.

No argument there. You wont remember Neil Kinnock. Labour were miles ahead in the polls coming up to an election. He gave a three hour speech, all of it nonsense, self aggrandising poopy. He danced after held hands, did the hokey cokey in anticipation of a win, after. Labour lost on the strength of that one speech.

Kinnock talked nonsense, and because of that, he had no idea when to stop, and he didnt.You forgot the back stabbibg May. She of all, was the worst. I can forgive incompetence, but Machiavellian evil deserves the tower.

I recall Neil Kinnock and the famous Sheffield rally.

I'm not sure about May being in the running for worst ever Prime Minister. She was left to pick up the Conservative Parliamentary Party in its worst era, up till then. The fallout from the Cameron resignation left a divided party because of the result of the referendum. She was a 'soft' Remainer who had to negotiate the minutiae of the outcome of the Referendum. It was easy to plot against her and the EU top brass deliberately made things as difficult as possible for her in these negotiations. I do not blame the EU for behaving like that. At the time there were lots of dissatisfied EU countries that were considering leaving. Thus the EU made things very awkward for the UK in order to discourage other countries from Leaving.

So overall May could not win and she had inherited a very small majority from the Cameron era. A couple of years after she became leader she had to get a bigger majority in order to convince the EU negotiators that she was really totally in charge in the UK. During a week-end break she saw opinion polls giving the Conservatives a 20 point lead so she called a General Election. This made sense. But that 20 point lead was a brief 'spike' and between then and the date of the General Election it became a very slim lead. In the General Election that small majority became smaller and for May's leadership the end was nigh, albeit the 'coup' took another 2 years.

So during her leadership a lot of important stuff was out of her control and there were lots of Conservative Parliamentary factions against her. She dismissed Gavin Williamson from her Cabinet and he became one of the foremost plotters against her.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)