+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New London underground stations

New London underground stations

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/new...1f62d68843d858
    I bet these will all get built before our metro line from Wednesbury to Merry hill is built

Despite all the levelling up talk tory politicians don’t give a stuff about anywhere but the south east!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/new...1f62d68843d858
    I bet these will all get built before our metro line from Wednesbury to Merry hill is built
    Does anyone remember when they actually started on the extension to the station at Wolvo? Was it before the extension from New Street to Edgbaston?

Hot on the news that they are running out of money for the Metro Extension (to Brierly Hill) and are strugglig to get any more from Central Government

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Hot on the news that they are running out of money for the Metro Extension (to Brierly Hill) and are strugglig to get any more from Central Government
    Hi Scoop, just about to post https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...d-or-scrapped/

The whole situation with rail gets on my t I t s.

The building of a proper rail infrastructure should’ve started under Thatcher in the 80’s once she’d got us away from being the “sick man of Europe” that we were under Labour.

Major and Blair are equally to blame as is ever other leader along the way.

Every decent sized town should have a railway station and a metro type or tram system in place.

If I’d been in charge of this I would’ve involved private funding and built “out of town” brand new stations as part of a shopping/retail type complex with a metro link into each “old town”.

This would create hundreds of thousands of jobs and brought huge private money into the economy.

I also wouldn’t do any refurbishing of existing motorways until the work involved making both sides at least 4 and up to 6 lanes each side.

We always think short term, we always put the horse after the cart.

When oh lord will we ever get a leader with vision?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)