+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Wrays butchers closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Wray's butchers premises went for £180k at auction, after a guide price of £175k
    Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    ELK do you know who bought it? Or should I say what they are going to use it for?
    Not disclosed who bought it, or what the premises will be used for.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Andrews is my go-to.
    Cusworth on Tanyard is good.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Cusworth on Tanyard is good.
    Nice meat but too expensive.

Use to have a butchers in Brinsworth since the 70's. It changed hands quite a few times but closed about 3 years ago. Decent enough meat and other produce tetc but when you bang a Morrisons in Catcliffe then your business is doomed.

Get all my meat now form Underwoods on Greasbrough Road. I use to get the odd things from Aldi at Parkgate but their prices have gone up so much, Underwoods is now on a par with them on many meat products and it's a far better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Nice meat but too expensive.

Use to have a butchers in Brinsworth since the 70's. It changed hands quite a few times but closed about 3 years ago. Decent enough meat and other produce tetc but when you bang a Morrisons in Catcliffe then your business is doomed.

Get all my meat now form Underwoods on Greasbrough Road. I use to get the odd things from Aldi at Parkgate but their prices have gone up so much, Underwoods is now on a par with them on many meat products and it's a far better quality.
    I remember TJ Wibbleys! Great name.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    I remember TJ Wibbleys! Great name.
    Yes Terry Wibbley. Sadly passed away about two maybe three years ago.

They used to 10 butchers in Parkgate-Rawmarsh Now not a one.Too many takeaways & not enough GOOD snap.

I seem to remember Trevor Swift (or family) having a butcher's stall on the market or is my long term memory going as well?

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    I seem to remember Trevor Swift (or family) having a butcher's stall on the market or is my long term memory going as well?
    If it is then mine's going along with yours because I seem to remember seeing him working there.

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Top RH corner on upper floor next to Outdoor market exit/entrance

I'm proud to be from Rotherham, even with the recent scandals, but the town centre is dire.
    I've lived in Barnsley for almost 9 years, if want to know what a town centre should be like, come to Barnsley for the day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast