+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A bullet dodged?

A bullet dodged?

Mike Ashley buys the Wasps Stadium and immediately evicts Coventry City. CCFC is a club in turmoil anyway. Home games cancelled early season because the pitch was unplayable following the Rugby tournament. Now they've lost the ground completely.

Will the EFL hit them hard? Fines? Points deductions? Throw them out of the League?

Personally I hope not. I hope they either come to an agreement with Ashley or (yet again) find another new "home".

Having gone through almost disappearing ourselves in the run up to Maxwell, the run up to the 3 amigos and then the disaster caused by Storm Mel, despite Cov fans singing "we're gonna have a party..." last season, I wouldn't want them to go through what we went through last season which is an emotion that is no stranger to them following their experiences with SISU... another bullet we luckily dodged.

What is Ashley up to? It would not surprise me one iota for him to offer to buy the club for a quid...... I don't like Cov fans but I don't wish them this uncertainty either.

If they are unable to fulfill fixtures again i think the EFL seriously have to start a process which sees them either eliminated or each missed game a loss and points deduction awarded.

Having witnessed them chanting, and also seen the reaction of fans from lots of clubs during our 'issues' i am less sympathetic towards their plight. I don't have a desire to see them suffer, but i probably will shrug my shoulders a little and think there is a degree of karma.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    If they are unable to fulfill fixtures again i think the EFL seriously have to start a process which sees them either eliminated or each missed game a loss and points deduction awarded.

Having witnessed them chanting, and also seen the reaction of fans from lots of clubs during our 'issues' i am less sympathetic towards their plight. I don't have a desire to see them suffer, but i probably will shrug my shoulders a little and think there is a degree of karma.
    Every club has a minority of idiots, Sith...doubt the chanters were reflective of Coventry fans as a whole, although I did hear from an extremely well informed source over the weekend of the extent to which we were universally reviled as a result of MM’s alleged shenanigans.
    Don’t think Coventry have done anything to earn such hostility and I’m with MA...wouldn’t wish our experience on any one else and maybe avoiding Ashley was indeed a ‘bullet dodged’.

We dodged a bullet it seems, but I'm not convinced there was any targeted shot fired, not that we had a great deal of choice at the time. Like Sith I don't revel in them suffering, and hope they sort things out, but my sympathy is tempered.

Ashley keeps getting mentioned, but there was zero evidence that he had any intentions of buying the club, other than he owns a warehouse in Derbyshire and had recently sold Newcastle at a big profit!

So yeah we dodged a bullet that was never fired. As for Cov, well the whole issue with their new stadium has been a mess since they moved from Highfield Road, piss poor management has dogged that club.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)