+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Cristiano Ronaldo year.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Think of others who fell from grace.
    Gazza, George best.
    You can't be great forever.
    Try telling Ronaldo that.

Gazza, George best.
    It's hard to be great and perfect. The only person I've ever know to achieve this is Grist

Looks like Portugal don't need him either......currently Portugal 4 v 1 Switzerland.

Complete team performance, that’s what you get without it’s all about me me Ronaldo. 5-1.

6- 1 with a stunner of a goal.

Gazza, George best.
    No you can't but those 2 imploded because of the booze and not handling the fame.....he has done(so far) quite good,and if someone wants to still pay him loads of ££££££££...

Crash, At 37 yes s of age George Best had just about burned out his first liver. Gaza at 37, we’ll we all know that story.

Ronaldo is totally at his peak and in his prime and is about to sign a contract for a whopping £180 million deal to play in Saudi. You can’t even compare them two Piss heads to Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Crash, At 37 yes s of age George Best had just about burned out his first liver. Gaza at 37, we’ll we all know that story.

Ronaldo is totally at his peak and in his prime and is about to sign a contract for a whopping £180 million deal to play in Saudi. You can’t even compare them two Piss heads to Ronaldo.
    And further afield Maradona went from the hand of god to the hand of blob

You don’t perform and be as athletic as Ronaldo by spending your time in the pub or on the golf course

Grist I’ve seen some ex footballers turn into right porkers. It’s mainly your TV pundits that look to keep their shape, albeit Wrighty who is turning into a right porker.

Mark Robins is as big as me now and he always seemed a fit chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Pi55 heads is a fair enough comment for those 2 but you can compsre them in terms of their football ability when they were at their best. In terms of raw ability and skill,, George Best was as good if not better than Ronaldo. The game was different back then, there were no dieticians, mental health gurus, nutritionists etc etc, it was perfectly the norm for the lads to go out and have a skinfull after the game on a Saturday.

Ronaldo is like a ferrari, he's totally dedicated his life to his craft, he's achieved great things and deserves everything he has got, he's made lots of sacrifices to be at the top of his game for so long. When you've been at the top for so long it must take its toll when you're no longer the first name on the team sheet. Also in his own head he'll know he's no longer capable of delivering performances like he used to. The offer from the Saudis is not based on his footbaĺl ability, its them wanting to show the world they can sign a megastar, he's a piece of meat, a commodity. If he goes there he will stand out and appear to be great because the standard will be pi55 poor. Its a lot of money but he doesn't need it and I hope he doesnt go there. I'm sure he'd rather sign for a team playing in the Champions League and be on a lot less money. The problem is none of the serious, even semi serious contenders will want him. For me he'd be better off signing for say Celtic, he'd be a star in the league and would get his fix of CL football. Whichever way you look at it, he's been an incredible player and a joy to watch over the years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast