+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Bostock Signs

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I think this now finally dismisses the Bros only want to sign young players to sell on. They wanted to sign Ellis, they renewed JOB and now Bostock, it’s clear they know they also need established talent and experience to be successful.
    I never got that theory?!?! The bros would be mad and frankly complete fools if they didn't realise it needed a mix , rather than exclusively potential money maker types, to be successful.

The suggestion, however wide of the mark, is a tad insulting IMO.

If the boss thinks he's a good addition, will blend in (or already has with a happy squad) then you've gotta have faith. Hopefully the new signing doesn't let him or himself down and is given enough time to bed in and impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Just like Baldwin was an old pals act signing eh. It is amazing after all the good work and right decisions LW has made in a relatively short space of time, there are still people who doubt his decision making.
    It’s clearly a collaborative approach. If LW knows of a player that could possibly come, they just work through it. The beauty of it in my opinion is it’s not reliant on the manager as we saw with the summer signings but equally they can work that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It was noticeable on Saturday that there was a downgrade of the quality of our midfield when Francis came on. If Bostock is replacing him on the subs bench then it can only be good news.
    Yeah, Ed Francis is one of the few (low key) weaknesses in our squad. That's not to say he hasn't had good games here and there, but overall he seems too inconsistent and lightweight for the role he's supposed to play. John Bostock could be a significant upgrade. He doesn't fit the typical profile of a Football Radar signing in that he's older, his career has been on a downward trajectory and he hasn't (consistently) fulfilled the expectations people had of him at a higher level, but if he arrives with the right appetite, attitude and work ethic, then he should enjoy playing in this team. The way we play gives good players the opportunity to showcase their talent if they're prepared also to work hard for 90 minutes, so he'll never have a better chance to rebuild his career and prove his doubters wrong. I'm sure all Notts fans wish him well.

I think a lot of people on here have got the brothers' down as one trick ponies, regarding recruitment. There has clearly been a mix of signings, and no sign of us being just a selling club, as has been suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I think a lot of people on here have got the brothers' down as one trick ponies, regarding recruitment. There has clearly been a mix of signings, and no sign of us being just a selling club, as has been suggested.
    Fair point.

I think the fact that players like Langstaff, Scott, Austin and Bajrami have all arrived from the leagues below, and are clearly very good acquisitions, has drawn particular attention to that blueprint for recruitment success, especially when contrasted with the blueprint of previous owners signing better known and sometimes 'big' names who failed to deliver.

You're right though, not all Radar signings fit that profile, and we should be in the market for any player who is available at the right price and who has the right appetite and attitude. Matt Palmer, Aden Baldwin and Adam Chicksen all took steps down to join us, and they've all proven to be good acquisitions. Richard Brindley also had higher level experience and then went through a bit of a career drift, but again he's been a great success for us.

#radarlove

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    Will he glue with the boys, let's just hope he sticks around.
    Giving stik to Bostock?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Open question do we want Castro to go back? If he and WBA were keen to extend to end of season should Notts keep? Or hasn't he done enough?
    Am I right in thinking that he can either stay at Notts or go back to WBA, but wouldn’t be able to go out on loan again (having been at Burton before us)? I’d keep him for the season, if possible, as he offers something different to Scott when he plays behind Macca.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Am I right in thinking that he can either stay at Notts or go back to WBA, but wouldn’t be able to go out on loan again (having been at Burton before us)? I’d keep him for the season, if possible, as he offers something different to Scott when he plays behind Macca.
    If we could get him to play in home games like he has in the away games I’ve seen he’s definitely a keeper.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast