+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Bostock Signs

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Thing with Baj is he needs to find his form again. At his worse, he’d be behind Francis IMO. He had a couple of horror shows only a few games back. Just before that he was immense.
    That’s where Palmer is so good. He is literally 7/10 every game.
    I wonder what the plan is with Baj on if they have made a decision between them on his position, is he a CM or CB? In my opinion he needs to home his efforts in on just one position and develop and then he’s there to cover others in worse case scenarios such as mass injuries.
    On the face of it for me Bostock looks a great signing, I like Francis but I think he needs game time to see if he can kick on and I don’t think Notts can offer him that with the position we’re in.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-12-2022 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I wonder what the plan is with Baj on if they have made a decision between them on his position, is he a CM or CB? In my opinion he needs to home his efforts on just one position and develop and then he’s there to cover other in worse case scenarios such as mass injuries.
    On the face of it for me Bostock looks a great signing, I like Francis but I think he needs game time to see if he can kick on and I don’t think Notts can offer him that with the position we’re in.
    Watch the presser with LW he answers your question about Baj. He is very much a player in LW mind who can play very well in a few positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Watch the presser with LW he answers your question about Baj. He is very much a player in LW mind who can play very well in a few positions.
    Cheers 78, had watched Bostock one but not the LW yet.

Just listened and LW obviously sees him as a utility but I still hope for his sake they home in on one position.
    Interesting regarding Bostock that it wasn’t initiated by LW, but the club.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Looks a good signing and adds to the midfield options.

But we can only play 2, right? If we stay with the winning formula of a back 5, Ruben/Austin and a front two...

We saw Palmer/Francis/O'Brien start at Gateshead. The balance was wrong and it was probably our worst away performance of the season

As good as Palmer has been for a season and a half, I think he causes a selection problem. He does immense work for the build up, but isn't a 9/10 defender or a great one for joining in the attack. I still think Bajrami is the best bet to cover both of those roles at the same time. Let's see what Bostock brings but I agree with the poster who said it looks like he'll be cover for Palmer.
    I think he’s viewing him as a left-sided Palmer who’ll do a similar job on the other side of the pitch, but possibly with a bit more physicality (he’s certainly a lot bigger).

We don’t reeeeally play with a front two either I wouldn’t say. It’s more of a midfield box with two deeper (normally Palmer and Jim) and two higher up. When Scott plays it’s more of a front two, but he still spends a lot of time basically playing as an extra midfielder, and it’s even more obvious when he picks Castro.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Welcome to the club! Sorry, best I could do.

Love this countygump. My mother's family were related to these people. Never knew they had posters still viewable online.

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    Love this countygump. My mother's family were related to these people. Never knew they had posters still viewable online.

Would you believe it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183204683...xoC8LsQAvD_BwE

We've taken a deep dive into the stats behind John Bostock, his playing style and consider how he fit's in to the current set up at Notts . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/post/taking-bostock

Looks like we've got us a very good player

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Cheers, l know what to get my brother now for Christmas!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast