+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 📝Bostock Signs

great to think we have somebody who could step in for Palmer. The squad paper is looking less thin

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    We've taken a deep dive into the stats behind John Bostock, his playing style and consider how he fit's in to the current set up at Notts . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/post/taking-bostock
    Wow, 'nottscountystats' really comes into its own at moments like this. You can't get that level of analysis from the NEP!

Great report, but I notice it hedges its bets as to where he'll fit in. A deep-lying midfielder, so Matty to 'push further forward'? No, I don't believe that either. That as a pairing would send our possession stats thru the roof, but put immense pressure on Chicks/TAR/Nemane to keep bombing forward to support the attack, cos nobody else would be doing it.
    I doubt LW would change the system, and I wouldn't want him to now, but how good does this look?

.........................Slocombe
    Adebayo-Rowling Baldwin Cameron Chicksen
    ................. Palmer.....Bostock
    ........ Austin.......Castro.........Rodrigues
    ...................... Langstaff

Subs: Brindley, Bajrami, Nemane, Scott, Mitchell
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-12-2022 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    great to think we have somebody who could step in for Palmer. The squad paper is looking less thin
    Seems like another excellent acquisition for us!

I'd like to see us keep Castro as well. On the whole he's been decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Seems like another excellent acquisition for us!

I'd like to see us keep Castro as well. On the whole he's been decent.
    I would 100% keep Castro, he’s got something different and if LW can keep developing him he could have a big part to play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Wow, 'nottscountystats' really comes into its own at moments like this. You can't get that level of analysis from the NEP!

Great report, but I notice it hedges its bets as to where he'll fit in. A deep-lying midfielder, so Matty to 'push further forward'? No, I don't believe that either. That as a pairing would send our possession stats thru the roof, but put immense pressure on Chicks/TAR/Nemane to keep bombing forward to support the attack, cos nobody else would be doing it.
    I doubt LW would change the system, and I wouldn't want him to now, but how good does this look?

.........................Slocombe
    Adebayo-Rowling Baldwin Cameron Chicksen
    ................. Palmer.....Bostock
    ........ Austin.......Castro.........Rodrigues
    ...................... Langstaff

Subs: Brindley, Bajrami, Nemane, Scott, Mitchell
    Where is JOB ? He has been one of our most influential midfielders this season. Also i would have Scott over Austin. He is a goal scorer.

The good thing is that Notts today have more genuinely good players than places available, whatever formation we play. In the past we've had larger squads but they were so full of dead wood that it was difficult to name a first eleven without including weak links.

If you're naming a bench including players like (e.g.) Austin, Bajrami and Rawlinson, you know you've got good competition for places.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Wallpaper rather than toilet paper.

And to think just 3 months ago the squad looked "rather threadbare" #MIA
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-12-2022 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    And to think just 3 months ago the squad looked "rather threadbare"#MIA
    Lets reserve judgement until we see him perform. I remember the hype when we had Arter playing for us, and look what happened there. For someone who has had 13 clubs in 13 years suggests something is not quite right.. But we shall see.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast