+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the point

Angry What is the point

of today's police force? They attend very few burglary calls, they don't arrest and prosecute shop lifters. We don't have community coppers patrolling streets anymore becoming an assuring face you can get to know.

We had a police force who seemed to care about the job years ago but also there was a tough side to them as well.

In 1983 I witnessed the police baton charging us on picket lines for the NGA. They clubbed us, dragged people behind buildings and gave them a good kicking but then let them go so others could see what could happen to them. They smashed the NGA control van up so Union leaders could not control the pickets. Myself and some others were chased over half a mile away from the picket lines and ended up hiding in somebody's garden to avoid getting hammered.

Yet today, they stand idly by while idiots stop traffic, ambulances, people going to work, goods etc. Why don't they drag them out of the way and let the traffic move. I don't want a police state but I do want a police force that is fit for purpose.

They are totally consumed by “PC ism” and Wokeness.

I attended a neighbourhood meeting a few years ago about dangerous parking outside the infant and junior school at the bottom of my road.

One neighbour mentioned to the police sergeant holding the meeting that a large part of the problem was caused by Asian taxi drivers picking up and dropping off kids and parking on pavements and on double yellow lines.

The neighbour was right, this was a big part of the problem, I witnessed it daily.

The police sergeant told him to “stop right there”......let’s park the racial angle to this right here shall we sir”.

He was terrified to even speak about truth.

If the problem had been caused by the parking of ****agers or pensioners he wouldn’t have blinked an eye.

It’s all box ticking by our police these days.

The biggest problem of all though has been mentioned to me over the past 20 odd years by a few lads who I’ve known who were policemen.

Firstly, too many in senior roles who are university graduates who never had to walk the beat, in essence they are managers of budgets etc, they have no proper experience of what it takes to actually police.

Secondly, in the quest for equality too many useless women have been promoted into senior positions.

My mum has a friend who’s daughter is a police inspector, your probably aware that any cases are not supposed to be discussed outside the police building.

My mum’s friend is a gob s h y t e and her daughter the same, my mum told me when a neighbours son was in trouble but let off with a caution.

A pretty serious situation and a total breach of conduct on her part.

I think our police are like the NHS, if it’s day to day stuff the service is patchy but if it’s a really serious situation then the “real” police get called in the same way a critical care unit operates in an hospital.

The quality is kept for the most serious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    They are totally consumed by “PC ism” and Wokeness.

I attended a neighbourhood meeting a few years ago about dangerous parking outside the infant and junior school at the bottom of my road.

One neighbour mentioned to the police sergeant holding the meeting that a large part of the problem was caused by Asian taxi drivers picking up and dropping off kids and parking on pavements and on double yellow lines.

The neighbour was right, this was a big part of the problem, I witnessed it daily.

The police sergeant told him to “stop right there”......let’s park the racial angle to this right here shall we sir”.

He was terrified to even speak about truth.

If the problem had been caused by the parking of ****agers or pensioners he wouldn’t have blinked an eye.

It’s all box ticking by our police these days.

The biggest problem of all though has been mentioned to me over the past 20 odd years by a few lads who I’ve known who were policemen.

Firstly, too many in senior roles who are university graduates who never had to walk the beat, in essence they are managers of budgets etc, they have no proper experience of what it takes to actually police.

Secondly, in the quest for equality too many useless women have been promoted into senior positions.

My mum has a friend who’s daughter is a police inspector, your probably aware that any cases are not supposed to be discussed outside the police building.

My mum’s friend is a gob s h y t e and her daughter the same, my mum told me when a neighbours son was in trouble but let off with a caution.

A pretty serious situation and a total breach of conduct on her part.

I think our police are like the NHS, if it’s day to day stuff the service is patchy but if it’s a really serious situation then the “real” police get called in the same way a critical care unit operates in an hospital.

The quality is kept for the most serious issues.
    The problem is this Mick.. why is there a need to refer to a race? Why not just say taxi drivers why the need to mention someone’s ethnicity? Surely if he just referred to taxi drivers the pc-ism wouldn’t be triggered.

Ask yourself why you have to refer to someone’s race to raise a concern? It’s a lack of education and ignorance. Yeah so..they are all asian drivers.. so what? it’s implying all asian taxi drivers are to blame. If people stopped referring to race we wouldn’t have the bullo x of pc-ism in the first place.

Do you go about your every day life referring to people as white people? Serious question, do you? and why not? The white guy at tesco, oh the white postman.. the white teacher.. i think we both know the answer.

Times have changed. My father was a policeman and was held in high regard by the locals and was respected by both young and old. This wasn't unusual as people in authority in general were shown more respect than they are now. It was an advantage and disadvantage to myself. On the one hand it often got me out of a 'thumping' as someone would say 'Don't touch him, his dad's a copper.' On the other side of the coin, at school, if I got into trouble, which I often did, I'd be told that we expect better from a policeman's son. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    of today's police force? They attend very few burglary calls, they don't arrest and prosecute shop lifters. We don't have community coppers patrolling streets anymore becoming an assuring face you can get to know.

We had a police force who seemed to care about the job years ago but also there was a tough side to them as well.

In 1983 I witnessed the police baton charging us on picket lines for the NGA. They clubbed us, dragged people behind buildings and gave them a good kicking but then let them go so others could see what could happen to them. They smashed the NGA control van up so Union leaders could not control the pickets. Myself and some others were chased over half a mile away from the picket lines and ended up hiding in somebody's garden to avoid getting hammered.

Yet today, they stand idly by while idiots stop traffic, ambulances, people going to work, goods etc. Why don't they drag them out of the way and let the traffic move. I don't want a police state but I do want a police force that is fit for purpose.
    You old rascal.😃

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    The problem is this Mick.. why is there a need to refer to a race? Why not just say taxi drivers why the need to mention someone’s ethnicity? Surely if he just referred to taxi drivers the pc-ism wouldn’t be triggered.

Ask yourself why you have to refer to someone’s race to raise a concern? It’s a lack of education and ignorance. Yeah so..they are all asian drivers.. so what? it’s implying all asian taxi drivers are to blame. If people stopped referring to race we wouldn’t have the bullo x of pc-ism in the first place.

Do you go about your every day life referring to people as white people? Serious question, do you? and why not? The white guy at tesco, oh the white postman.. the white teacher.. i think we both know the answer.
    In truth it wouldn’t have mattered if he’d not mentioned the “Asian” word Regis, there are nothing but Asian taxi drivers on that patch.

I get your point but you’re avoiding the issue about the Wokeness and total ineptitude of the average police these days.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post

Oh dear Regis, another opportunity to get on your racism high horse, you’re like the old ‘stuck record’ of yesteryear; do you ever comment on football matters?

Going to the restaurant on Saturday that’s painted purple with garlands tied around the stone pillars.

Sounds wrong to say the Asian! 😂

My tuppenceworth regarding the race thing is that Regis has more than a point tbh. If the neighbour had simply complained about "taxi drivers" then the situation would not have happened.

That said, it's also a bit like the case of those *****phile gangs up North where no-one actually wanted to point out that their members were overwhelmingly Pakistani in origin. If you avoid detailing the truth you won't help solve the issue.

If there were both white and Asian taxi drivers in the area and it was overwhelmingly Asian ones who parked illegally and the white drivers did not, there might be a basis for the claim. It still would not mean that all Asian taxi drivers parked illegally and all white ones parked legally but there would be a basis of truth in the statement to help target those responsible. If all the taxi drivers were Asian though it still doesn't mean all Asian drivers park like that, anymore than if all the taxi drivers were white that it would mean all white taxi drivers behave the same.

It's all about generalizations and Regis is undoubtedly right, if the taxi drivers were all white then it is very unlikely that their colour would have been mentioned in the complaint and it would just be "taxi drivers" (though again, it should be "some" taxi drivers to avoid trarring all with the same brush! &#128512

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    My tuppenceworth regarding the race thing is that Regis has more than a point tbh. If the neighbour had simply complained about "taxi drivers" then the situation would not have happened.

That said, it's also a bit like the case of those *****phile gangs up North where no-one actually wanted to point out that their members were overwhelmingly Pakistani in origin. If you avoid detailing the truth you won't help solve the issue.

If there were both white and Asian taxi drivers in the area and it was overwhelmingly Asian ones who parked illegally and the white drivers did not, there might be a basis for the claim. It still would not mean that all Asian taxi drivers parked illegally and all white ones parked legally but there would be a basis of truth in the statement to help target those responsible. If all the taxi drivers were Asian though it still doesn't mean all Asian drivers park like that, anymore than if all the taxi drivers were white that it would mean all white taxi drivers behave the same.

It's all about generalizations and Regis is undoubtedly right, if the taxi drivers were all white then it is very unlikely that their colour would have been mentioned in the complaint and it would just be "taxi drivers" (though again, it should be "some" taxi drivers to avoid trarring all with the same brush! &#128512
    You’re dancing on the head of a pin here Omeg.

There are no f u c k I n g white taxi drivers on that patch!

It’s a cartel, our “ethnic” friends see to it that nobody else gets a look in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)