+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not Dan the man

Keep him.

25 games to stay in the championship worth more to the club than a couple million.

If his agent knows a club a club is willing to pay a certain figure than he would surely advise his client to sit it out

Unless it's a premiership club.

If Dan had 2 years left on his contract I would say he`s worth circa 5m,obviously he hasn`t,but I would still rather keep him for this season unless someone offers at least 2.5m,try finding another Dan Barlaser for less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    If you say that Barlaser has 25 games left on his contract rather than 6 months it brings the situation into a more practical light. Would 2 million be enough for TS to give the 'green light'? Without Barlaser how much are our chances of relegation increased? Would Middlesborough offer 2 million anyway because that would amount to 80k a game plus the salary before the end of the season when at that point they could sign him for nought. in fact Barlaser's agent could command a far higher salary for his client in the Summer when no transfer fee has been involved. Are Middlesborough that desperate? They aren't going up and they aren't going down.They have time on their hands. Weighing all that up I'd say he will go for nothing at the end of the season.
    Jimmy, who says Boro aren’t going down? Hardly pulling any trees up are they?

Wasn't it said Barlaser was ready to talk a new contract, but as this changed with
    Paul Warne leaving the club.

Far and away our best player and i'm sure the manager knows it. Tell him he's going nowhere in January but what's the chairman's intentions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Far and away our best player and i'm sure the manager knows it. Tell him he's going nowhere in January but what's the chairman's intentions ?
    As they’ve always been, to keep the club financially sound

Dan’s worth more to Rotherham by helping them stay in the championship. We won’t get much for him with so little left on the contract, plus a sell on fee to Newcastle. Same goes for the other players who are at the end of their contracts .

What’s the sell on fee to Newcastle… 40% I’ve heard/read somewhere. So if they come with what is a supposed 2million, it’s almost half to Newcastle. Keep him, see the season out, hoping he keeps us up and like Topsy said, let him sign a pre season deal with Boro if they match his expectations
    Last edited by Brin; 08-12-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12