+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Dan the man

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not Dan the man

And so it begins again.
    Middlesbrough sniffing for January swoop..

https://www-footballinsider247-com.c...-in-january%2F

I'd say his fee considering he's only got 6 months left on his contract £2 million in January.

Back home & a bigger club.

If you say that Barlaser has 25 games left on his contract rather than 6 months it brings the situation into a more practical light. Would 2 million be enough for TS to give the 'green light'? Without Barlaser how much are our chances of relegation increased? Would Middlesborough offer 2 million anyway because that would amount to 80k a game plus the salary before the end of the season when at that point they could sign him for nought. in fact Barlaser's agent could command a far higher salary for his client in the Summer when no transfer fee has been involved. Are Middlesborough that desperate? They aren't going up and they aren't going down.They have time on their hands. Weighing all that up I'd say he will go for nothing at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    If you say that Barlaser has 25 games left on his contract rather than 6 months it brings the situation into a more practical light. Would 2 million be enough for TS to give the 'green light'? Without Barlaser how much are our chances of relegation increased? Would Middlesborough offer 2 million anyway because that would amount to 80k a game plus the salary before the end of the season when at that point they could sign him for nought. in fact Barlaser's agent could command a far higher salary for his client in the Summer when no transfer fee has been involved. Are Middlesborough that desperate? They aren't going up and they aren't going down.They have time on their hands. Weighing all that up I'd say he will go for nothing at the end of the season.
    That’s true, but the 25 can turn into less if he picks up an injury, or gets a suspension.

Distasteful but selling is the best option

It’s very clever from Middlesbrough,it’s in Dans head now,nearer home bigger club more money,job done.

Keep him.

25 games to stay in the championship worth more to the club than a couple million.

If his agent knows a club a club is willing to pay a certain figure than he would surely advise his client to sit it out

Unless it's a premiership club.

Jimmy, who says Boro aren’t going down? Hardly pulling any trees up are they?

I don't think they'd pay 2 million for a player they can get for free in the summer. They didn't pay that much for Crooks who had a least a year left.

I don't think we'd get over a million for any of our players who are out of contract this summer if we were to sell them in January. I'd keep them all, it's better to stay up and let them go for free, than sell them and potentially go down.

If we did sell him for 2 mill how much would we get from that. Didn’t Newcastle have a big sell in clause. I say keep him. If he helps us to stay up that’s worth more than any transfer fee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast