+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stockport vs Charlton

Stockport vs Charlton

Tonight cup replay is on Itv4 @ 19:45, will watch it just to see how Woots gets on

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Tonight cup replay is on Itv4 @ 19:45, will watch it just to see how Woots gets on
    Kiddie Harriers are playing Chester in the NL North as well on BT sport 1@7.30pm. Chester are doing well and could be facing their arch rivals Rectum in the NL next season, IF, all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Kiddie Harriers are playing Chester in the NL North as well on BT sport 1@7.30pm. Chester are doing well and could be facing their arch rivals Rectum in the NL next season, IF, all goes well.
    The Deva Stadium, Chester, the most pointless, soulless stadium I can ever remember visiting. Tiny, plastic and completely devoid of atmosphere. It was like watching football in the middle of someone's Lego set. The ground is situated at the back end of an industrial estate downwind of a pungent sewage farm, and I can't remember seeing any signposts to it. Probably because no-one in their right mind would ever want to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The Deva Stadium, Chester, the most pointless, soulless stadium I can ever remember visiting.
    Never visited either, But Darlington's Reynolds Arena would be hard to beat as the most pointless stadium. Bigger than Meadow Lane with a 25,000 capacity, but built for a club that averaged 2,000. George Reynolds actually makes Alan Hardy look like a good bloke.

The Deva Stadium, Chester, the most pointless, soulless stadium I can ever remember visiting. Tiny, plastic and completely devoid of atmosphere. It was like watching football in the middle of someone's Lego set. The ground is situated at the back end of an industrial estate downwind of a pungent sewage farm, and I can't remember seeing any signposts to it. Probably because no-one in their right mind would ever want to find it.
    Yebbutt, apart from that you enjoyed your visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Never visited either, But Darlington's Reynolds Arena would be hard to beat as the most pointless stadium. Bigger than Meadow Lane with a 25,000 capacity, but built for a club that averaged 2,000. George Reynolds actually makes Alan Hardy look like a good bloke.
    I enjoyed going to Darlington's ground. Might just have been that we won the championship there but also everyone was so friendly. If I remember correctly, we relegated them that night also but their fans stayed and clapped us off, one club I really hope get back to where they were is Darlington. Also, ample parking!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I enjoyed going to Darlington's ground. Might just have been that we won the championship there but also everyone was so friendly. If I remember correctly, we relegated them that night also but their fans stayed and clapped us off, one club I really hope get back to where they were is Darlington. Also, ample parking!
    And if my memory serves me correctly, Mike Edwards scored with an overhead kick!

Yes the Darlington/Reynolds Arena was obviously a huge white elephant, but a pleasant enough ground to visit to be fair. Quite bizarre to see a tiny gaggle of Darlo fans sat behind the dugout looking out onto 20,000+ unoccupied seats, with giant scoreboards at both ends if memory serves me correctly!

Of course, it has been said before that Derek Pavis was too ambitious building a 20,000 all-seater stadium for a club with an average attendance around 6,000, but at least we have some prospect of improving that attendance in the future. I don't think Darlington would have drawn more than 10,000 even if they had reached the Premier League!

And the game I went to, there in that soulless dive, was as dull as dishwater.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    And the game I went to, there in that soulless dive, was as dull as dishwater.
    Inexplicably I seem to remember going to the Deva twice!

The only highlight was a good goal by Ruben Zadkovich, who would later go back to Australia, become an international, and briefly re-surface at Derby.