+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T King coal rises again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T King coal rises again

Michael Gove has authorised for a new ‘coking’ coal mine to be opened at Whitehaven in Cumbria.

All hell let loose on this one with Labour/Green party saying it’s a step backwards with emissions. Rubbish really as they now have the ability to burn it cleaner than ever before.

The rich Coking coal is used in the process of making steel. Plans are that the UK will use approx
    10-15% of everything mined and the rest will be sold to European countries.

Bet Thatcher is turning in her grave 🤣 🤣
    Last edited by Brin; 08-12-2022 at 12:22 AM.

Surely got to be better mining our own? Saves importing it and creating lots of jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Surely got to be better mining our own? Saves importing it and creating lots of jobs?
    Seems like a good idea

I wonder if there's any of the black stuff underground around these parts ?

I mean you never know do you ?

Could be a real game changer with the current energy crisis .

Worth having a look maybe .

Posted with tongue firmly in cheek of course .

The next Challenge is to get the Millennials to put down their phones and energy drinks and pick up a shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The next Challenge is to get the Millennials to put down their phones and energy drinks and pick up a shovel.
    Might be a good time to invest in the shares of super glue manufacturers

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I wonder if there's any of the black stuff underground around these parts ?

I mean you never know do you ?

Could be a real game changer with the current energy crisis .

Worth having a look maybe .

Posted with tongue firmly in cheek of course .
    Animal, as a Barnsley lad I’d have thought somewhere down the line you’d have mining connections in your family.

It’s a proven fact that there is over 300 years of coal to be mined laying under our feet throughout the UK. I always said we’d go back for more one day, didn’t think I’d see it in my time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Animal, as a Barnsley lad I’d have thought somewhere down the line you’d have mining connections in your family.

It’s a proven fact that there is over 300 years of coal to be mined laying under our feet throughout the UK. I always said we’d go back for more one day, didn’t think I’d see it in my time though.

Of course there is, but the quality is crap, unlike the seam they want to exploit in Cumbria

I wish coal fires would make a comeback too. There's nothing to beat a real fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    I wish coal fires would make a comeback too. There's nothing to beat a real fire.
    We have smoke control areas now. You can use those smokeless ovoids but the price has shot up as you would expect.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast