+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Brum FC

OT - Brum FC

Less than a year after their rendition of "we're gonna have a party" and their ripping up and throwing of seats at Pride Park, they go into receivership.

Now, I don't want any club to go out of existence but if they have a few months of heartache and uncertainty regarding their future existence, it might put a smile on faces. Having said that, I also have absolutely zero sympathy for them.

Aint karma a bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Less than a year after their rendition of "we're gonna have a party" and their ripping up and throwing of seats at Pride Park, they go into receivership.

Now, I don't want any club to go out of existence but if they have a few months of heartache and uncertainty regarding their future existence, it might put a smile on faces. Having said that, I also have absolutely zero sympathy for them.

Aint karma a bitch?
    I get the basic sentiment, MA and frankly I’d be happy to see more evidence of ‘what goes around comes around’ where certain individuals and institutions in all walks of life are concerned...but what the plights of football clubs such as ourselves, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, Bury, Bolton, Oldham Athletic, and now Birmingham all seem to have in common is inadequate, egotistical and often apparently corrupt ownership all overseen by an EFL which simply seems unfit for purpose. That, imo, along with the unsustainability of football in it’s current form, is the problem. Perhaps we have much to learn from the likes of Brentford, Norwich and even little old Burton and Stockport County.

Time for a new organisation to run football IMO.

I'm guessing he can get Bielik back now without too much fuss

But strangely I've scoured t'interweb and found nothing about this.... yes, a takeover deal collapsed but otherwise there's nothing? Where did you hear this MA?

Was about to say the same GP.

Isn’t it the parent company - BIHL - that has gone into receivership?
    Not my area of expertise but I don’t think that necessarily implies that BCFC have.
    Ernst and Young appear to be making a fortune out...oops sorry...handling it.

Is it time to start peddling **** again ?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Isn’t it the parent company - BIHL - that has gone into receivership?
    Not my area of expertise but I don’t think that necessarily implies that BCFC have.
    Ernst and Young appear to be making a fortune out...oops sorry...handling it.
    BIHL went into receivership about 7 years ago.....

BCFC was then sold by EY as receivers to a group of Far Eastern owners inn2015/6

https://almajir.net/useful-informati...-of-ownership/

Ownership was then going to be sold to a group including Maxi Lopez, which deal fell though last week. Beyond that I can see nothing saying it's gone into any form of administration.

So MA, is it real or fake news?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)