+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harry and Meghan episode1

I think if my memory serves me, wasn't it Donald Rumsfelt who famously declared a massive multi billion dollar unaccountable hole in defence budget....the day the twin towers were hit.
    Got reported....on page 50 of most papers. It was a huge story that never got investigated....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I think if my memory serves me, wasn't it Donald Rumsfelt who famously declared a massive multi billion dollar unaccountable hole in defence budget....the day the twin towers were hit.
    Got reported....on page 50 of most papers. It was a huge story that never got investigated....
    Yep, I remember this because it became part of all the conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11. Apparently it was a mere 2.3 trillion dollars!!! Rumsfeld actually made the announcement the day before the attack on the twin towers though.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I have a lot of sympathy for them, the press in this country are a pack of bullies. They influence public opinion and control the narrative.

Had these two towed the line with the press, they would probably be loved by the public now but because they don't they are despised. People don't like her because the Daily Mail have told them not to. This country is full of simpletons with no ability to think critically for themselves.

The truth is our press need to be controlled and regulated, they are a bunch of cowboys. For what its worth, I quite like them both and if I was Harry I would have taken my family away from the country and the media spotlight too.
    I certainly have a lot of sympathy for Harry for the way the press intruded on both him growing up and his mother but the public reaction to her death and the role of the press in this, together with subsequent scandals, led to the Leveson inquiry. Not saying that the press no longer resort to unscrupulous behaviour anymore, but what happened to Diana being chased by packs of paparazzi does not happen to the extent it once did. The press will always dig up skeletons if it thinks it will sell and this may be uncomfortable, but if true, it's hard luck. Of course untruths and "juicy" stories are also published in order to make money and I understand the anger that might drive them to want to correct the narrative and tell it from their perspective, but so far there hasn't been a lot of this.

Times have changed and whilst what is reported in the press undoubtedly influences internet trolls, they are wrong to lay the blame for such hateful behaviour all at the feet of the press as this is a far bigger social/cultural problem than that. They have the money so that they could live their lives in relative privacy like so many other celebrities manage to do most of the time. Despite their protestations around privacy they seem to actually like the limelight though, or rather I have the suspicion that Meghan does. I'm keeping an open mind on their allegations of racism and other mistreatment but so far so little.

Diana became her own worst enemy.

She used the press and media to her ends when it suited her and then expected them to turn their collective eye away when she was s h a g g I n g.......

Will Carling the England rugby captain,

The famous Egyptian surgeon Hazmat Suit or whatever his name was,

Her security officer,

Prince Harry’s dad James Hewitt,

And to cap it all off, the sleazy little toe rag son of the s h I t that owned Harrods, “Dead as a Dodi” Al Fayed!

This is like the cast from a “Carry On F u c k I n g” film.

I mean.....given that list above.....what could possibly go wrong!?

It’s easy in life to blame everyone else as she did and as Harry Hewitt does.

The truth usually lies a lot closer to home, a bit of contemplating one’s self is never a bad idea.

I speak from experience having been forced to look at myself in a very brutal and soul searching manner for the past 11 months.

SHE put HERSELF in that car with a good for nothing playboy and a drunk driver.....nobody else......it was HER decision and then by default she brought the eyes of the World upon her own young sons.

They need to spend more time thinking about what a selfish harlot their mother was and a bit less time blaming The Sun and the rest of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

She used the press and media to her ends when it suited her and then expected them to turn their collective eye away when she was s h a g g I n g.......

Her security officer,

And to cap it all off, the sleazy little toe rag son of the s h I t that owned Harrods, “Dead as a Dodi” Al Fayed!

The truth usually lies a lot closer to home, a bit of contemplating one’s self is never a bad idea.

I speak from experience having been forced to look at myself in a very brutal and soul searching manner for the past 11 months.

SHE put HERSELF in that car with a good for nothing playboy and a drunk driver.....nobody else......it was HER decision and then by default she brought the eyes of the World upon her own young sons.

They need to spend more time thinking about what a selfish harlot their mother was and a bit less time blaming The Sun and the rest of the media.
    your a wise old buggermick.

Her security officer,

Bet you would have loved to have been on that list

Her security officer,

I had/have a degree of sympathy for Diana, at least as regards the level of press intrusion she had to endure and for the difficulties she must have faced trying to get acclimatised to the Royal Family and it's gilded cage existence, especially at such a young age (let alone having to contend with Charles's real liked for Camilla). She undoubtedly worked hard for charities such as Aids and anti-landmines but I never brought into the whole "people's princess" bit. Whatever the circumstances of her infamous interview with Bashir, by then she had worked out how to both court and manipulate the press -all those simpering looks from beneath her fringe. Didn't buy it then and don't now. Still, she should not have died in the circumstances she did and can only feel for William and Harry as you would any child who lost a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    I had/have a degree of sympathy for Diana, at least as regards the level of press intrusion she had to endure and for the difficulties she must have faced trying to get acclimatised to the Royal Family and it's gilded cage existence, especially at such a young age (let alone having to contend with Charles's real liked for Camilla). She undoubtedly worked hard for charities such as Aids and anti-landmines but I never brought into the whole "people's princess" bit. Whatever the circumstances of her infamous interview with Bashir, by then she had worked out how to both court and manipulate the press -all those simpering looks from beneath her fringe. Didn't buy it then and don't now. Still, she should not have died in the circumstances she did and can only feel for William and Harry as you would any child who lost a parent.

But it was ok for when she used the press sat in the back of cars giving interviews but not ok when it didn’t suit her. Nothing but a slapper!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)