+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it me

Is it me

Or weren't we all meant to be burning to death in wild fires in August......think it was 26 degrees here .......now it's meant to be the day after tomorrow according to radio and we will instantly freeze if we step outside .....think it was -1 this morning when I headed off to golf this morning, 4 layers a Tammy, a flask and returned home with both *******s

We must have one of the most temperate climates in northern hemisphere but everything is a ****ing crisis these days.

****s me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Or weren't we all meant to be burning to death in wild fires in August......think it was 26 degrees here .......now it's meant to be the day after tomorrow according to radio and we will instantly freeze if we step outside .....think it was -1 this morning when I headed off to golf this morning, 4 layers a Tammy, a flask and returned home with both *******s

We must have one of the most temperate climates in northern hemisphere but everything is a ****ing crisis these days.

****s me off.
    And was told by someone it's too cauld to snow........when I pointed out it was -4 in Aberdeen and snowing and asked if this was some sort of meteorology miracle they just shrugged

**** **** and more constant ****.

Met Office issue 'weather warnings' for the slightest thing these days, the MSM picks it uo and before you know it we're all dying because the Earth's ****ed.

I remember walking to school through three feet of snow, schools didn't close, pupils got there and so did teachers - everybody huddled together wrapped in layers to keep warm; it was what we did. I got a message from work today 'due to the ongoing severe weather personnel are authorised to work from home if they consider it unsafe to travel'. Holy ****.

Schools close now because teachers can't get into work - they obviously deserve the 10% pay hike they're after. Lazy fu ck ers

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Met Office issue 'weather warnings' for the slightest thing these days, the MSM picks it uo and before you know it we're all dying because the Earth's ****ed.

I remember walking to school through three feet of snow, schools didn't close, pupils got there and so did teachers - everybody huddled together wrapped in layers to keep warm; it was what we did. I got a message from work today 'due to the ongoing severe weather personnel are authorised to work from home if they consider it unsafe to travel'. Holy ****.

Schools close now because teachers can't get into work - they obviously deserve the 10% pay hike they're after. Lazy fu ck ers
    It's cauld, no that cauld, a bit caulder than last week, not unusually cold for December.

It's the drama I can't abide.

There was another bit on radio drama queen about some bloke digging up 2 million year old soil samples in Greenland and how by examining the soil samples ( big grant) he hopes to unlock the "secrets" of climate change

Presenter "so did Greenland used to be much warmer 2 million years ago and was this climate change"

Seriously nearly crashed car laughing.

In fact while I'm on a rant MSM may as well hand oot their schedules year in advance

Jan.....debt crisis
    Feb.....cost of living crisis
    March....fuel crisis
    April......food crisis
    May .....how the debt, cost of living fuel and food crisis effect the black community
    June ....how the debt, cost of living fuel and food crisis effect the LGBT xyz community
    July......wild fire month
    August......nurses using foodbanks month
    Sept .....teachers at the foodbank month
    Oct ......NHS preparing for the worst winter crisis since last year
    Nov.....let's have a lockdown Xmas
    Dec.....dont go out you will freeze

And all because of climate change

Bah ****ing humbug.

It's cauld, no that cauld, a bit caulder than last week, not unusually cold for December.

There was another bit on radio drama queen about some bloke digging up 2 million year old soil samples in Greenland and how by examining the soil samples ( big grant) he hopes to unlock the "secrets" of climate change

Presenter "so did Greenland used to be much warmer 2 million years ago and was this climate change"

Bloody ice ages have a lot to answer for

I'll have another rant since it's so dangerous to step outside the house.

I remember being up on a cherry picker de-icing the tail plane of a Tri-Star in Germany - would've been about 1987/88. It was minus 20 and the de-icer hose didn't reach the tail plane. Had to fill buckets, go up on the cherry picker and throw the stuff onto it. The fluid had frozen and turned to slush by the time the cherry picker got there so it had to be spread on by hand and a bass broom. There was no drama, job needed done because the crew had to get to Cyprus where it was warm, walking over the tail plane of a Tri-Star in minus 20 clearing four inches of ice was just a job. Minus 1 now and people want to stay in their cosy homes that, if we believe all we read, they can't actually afford to heat.

Why can't people just get on with it and stop stressing about pretend weather emergencies? Back in the day that's what we did.

Unfortunately by the way that can't be true about the Tri-Star according to some because it was only in the ozone depletion / acid rain days (whatever happened to them?) and before they'd invented climate change. It was pretty real to me though - bloody freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'll have another rant since it's so dangerous to step outside the house.

I remember being up on a cherry picker de-icing the tail plane of a Tri-Star in Germany - would've been about 1987/88. It was minus 20 and the de-icer hose didn't reach the tail plane. Had to fill buckets, go up on the cherry picker and throw the stuff onto it. The fluid had frozen and turned to slush by the time the cherry picker got there so it had to be spread on by hand and a bass broom. There was no drama, job needed done because the crew had to get to Cyprus where it was warm, walking over the tail plane of a Tri-Star in minus 20 clearing four inches of ice was just a job. Minus 1 now and people want to stay in their cosy homes that, if we believe all we read, they can't actually afford to heat.

Why can't people just get on with it and stop stressing about pretend weather emergencies? Back in the day that's what we did.

Unfortunately by the way that can't be true about the Tri-Star according to some because it was only in the ozone depletion / acid rain days (whatever happened to them?) and before they'd invented climate change. It was pretty real to me though - bloody freezing.
    Getting on with it...a phrase soon consigned to room 101.

Every crisis is interconnected as well.

Listened to a woman winning 135k on the radio this pm whilst snoozing in the sun room ( bioethanol fires ace for dozing) presenter was milking it for all it was worth, IE had massive financial problems which she eeked out of the wifey, tear jerking sorta thing.

Anyway answers correctly or guesses correctly and woohoo wins 135k.

What you gonna do with it.

Clear debt......nope
    But a flat ......nope
    Pay off mortgage.....nope
    Fix the car .....**** that
    Private education for children....don't be daft.

Spend spend spend for Xmas was the answer 🫣 she blurted out through the tears.

Good luck to her, but really

And don't get me started on new coal mine being referred to as a "climate crime"......hundreds of jobs....prob guid paying jobs as well ......a crime.🙄

And totally aff subject, well health and safety sorta thing.

I watched a wee video of John noakes climbing and helping to clean Nelson's column the other day......ffs ....was health and safety no invented in 70s......no ropes, no ****ing harnass, an anorak pair of flared jeans and a dry sense of humour.

He also does overhang at the top must be aboot 30 degrees and then climbs up Nelson himself as " I probably won't be up here again"...🫣🫣🫣

The newspapers and the media in the U.K. are always exaggerating the weather.
    It is either going to be freezing cold weather from the Artic and we are heading for the next Ice Age or the temperatures are going to be the highest ever since records began and global warming is happening.
    Thanks to our houses having central heating we have all gone soft.
    I can remember the winter of 1962-63 which was a bitter winter and our house did not have central heating.
    In the morning the inside of our windows were frozen.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)