+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leyton Orient

Leyton Orient

Can lightning strike twice? Or is that just being fanciful? Plus we're without our one class player, Luke Offord. I can't see us scoring, so can we stop them from scoring? That depends on how the team are set up. If we choose to defend deep, then we'll fail. We need to fill out the midfield area and defend from the front.
    I'm interested to see the line up at the back. Please don't play Zac at Left Back. Take this opportunity to play him in his best position -on the left of 3 CHs with Rio at LB. Then play Tariq left of midfield, alongside Thomas and Colkett. Finally push Brook forward alongside Agyei. We need to press the Leyton Orient defence rather than standing off. The 2 CBs are vulnerable under pressure when holding the ball so need to be harassed and not allowed to settle. We need to pressurise the opposition into making mistakes. We also need to move forward at speed, hence why I'd rather have Brook playing at the front.
    Sambou may have nuisance value and be full of effort but he doesn't score and doesn't assist so other possibilities need to be explored.
    However, what I think and what will actually happen are not the same so I'm predicting 0-3 loss.

There must be a doubt about this fixture despite the covers on the pitch, or do we have some better ones now?
    Can't see much wrong with what you have written Gazan so I won't repeat. Sambou on when Brook runs out of steam.
    I'll go for a 1-4 loss.

The match could be in doubt. It is very cold out there. As I said on the other thread. We are a league lower but should not be expecting to lose heavily against LO unless there is something dreadfully wrong with our present set up....Unfortunately there is....But 0-3 seems more likely...than 3-0..

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    There must be a doubt about this fixture despite the covers on the pitch, or do we have some better ones now?
    Can't see much wrong with what you have written Gazan so I won't repeat. Sambou on when Brook runs out of steam.
    I'll go for a 1-4 loss.
    Forecast minus 6 overnight on Friday..would have thought its extremely doubtful. Inspection at 9.30am.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Forecast minus 6 overnight on Friday..would have thought its extremely doubtful. Inspection at 9.30am.
    I would have thought 9.30 would be too late with a 13.00 kickoff and Leyton Orient the opposition.
    I seem to remember a couple of years ago a game being postponed because the covers couldn't cope with -5 apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I would have thought 9.30 would be too late with a 13.00 kickoff and Leyton Orient the opposition.
    I seem to remember a couple of years ago a game being postponed because the covers couldn't cope with -5 apparently.
    Sorry just seen that the inspection is 9.30 Friday morning.

Can't see it happening. Please rearrange for much later in the season when some injuries might have been recovered from.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Can't see it happening. Please rearrange for much later in the season when some injuries might have been recovered from.
    And a transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    And a transfer window
    LB has said at least I think he said there is NO money to buy anyone and so anyone coming in would have to be a loan or someone has be transferred first AWAY which to me seems highly unlikely. That is Just MY impression but loan players should be banned from professional football and IF the academy is so good, why do we do that anyway, all you are doing is providing games to other clubs layers that cannot get into their own first teams...How efficient is that? A million pound academy we have and we are having to have loan players to get results in lower fourth division. We never did that in the old days.... If we have an under 23 team then we should be able to play another 11 instead shouldn't we? Or else get them off the books if they are not good enough..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 09-12-2022 at 12:13 AM.

Game off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast