+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ot, you v other halves cooking

Ot, you v other halves cooking

Right, I have a problem with mine, she was 30 when we met and lived with her mum
    So never had to cook.
    She had never had eggs
    Bacon
    Cheese
    And to this day no peppers pepper, sauce brown or red.
    Vinegar, chill, curries. Garlic. Or any other spices. Only salad veg lettuce (no dressing) apart from family Sunday roast we never have the same meal.
    Mind you she can bake better than me.
    How do you lot get on food wise?

I do all the cooking but don't claim to be a Cordon Bleu chef. Just normal stuff. Can't be too bad as Mrs. CA eats it. She bakes occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I do all the cooking but don't claim to be a Cordon Bleu chef. Just normal stuff. Can't be too bad as Mrs. CA eats it. She bakes occasionally.
    I’m the cordon bleu, Mrs G is the cordoned off

The kitchen? That’s where I get ice for a drink, right?

My beautiful wife makes amazing comfort foods, her Shepherds pie, Ash and dumplings are to die for.

I love cooking and make all the more technical stuff. I do a mean Ribeye, Dauphinois potatoes and sides.

My signature dish is her favourite, Mussels in a spicy tomatoe sauce. We got married on the 26th September and got loads of Champagne and a few bottles of Prosecco too as gifts. A week or so later I made her mussels and decided to use one of the bottles of Prosecco to cook the mussels in. Well i messed up and ended up using an £80 bottle of champers, a very exspensive dish ha ha hs.

When wife cooks she buys all the ingredients ! When I cook I use all the odds and ends left in the fridge !

My other half does Sunday lunch, apart from the veg, which I do. Maple carrots, stir fried or shredded sprouts. Hated sprouts until maybe 10 years ago. Love em now.

Apart from that, I cook every meal.

My wife is a good cook, she must be, we have been married 54 years.

My Mrs is a lovely cook, my grandson would eat her sausage and mash with gravy veg and yorkshires every day. They won't touch my grown up efforts. I love cooking and try all sorts of recipes that i see or are given.
    Last night was a Thai red Curry with lime rice. Butterscotch Fondue for afters, with an helping of homemade Pomegranite Ice Cream as an extra.