+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Maidenhead pitch inspection

Maidenhead pitch inspection

We would like to assure supporters that we have been in dialogue with Maidenhead United regarding the cold weather forecast ahead of tomorrow’s trip to York Road.

Our hosts have informed us that, as of today, the pitch is in playable condition. With freezing temperatures forecast again overnight, Maidenhead have arranged for a match official to be on standby for a 9am pitch inspection if it's required.

We have also been in contact with the match referee to inform him of our supporters buses’ departure times and he is supportive of both clubs' efforts to ensure fans are kept fully informed.

Dialogue will continue throughout Friday and into matchday, so please keep an eye on our website and social media accounts for further updates.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...pdates-091222/

I'm surprised the pitch was in playable condition today to be honest. I'd be equally surprised if it is tomorrow, unless Maidenhead have got surprisingly good covers!

As I said in another thread, I think it is a big help that Maidenhead don't have any big stands to stop the sun from thawing large areas of the pitch. Here's hoping anyway.