+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ned v Arg

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    played for Millers 8 times in 2015
    And 11 for SWFC

Apparently Harry Kane has just been booked.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And 11 for SWFC
    It was the game at home to them I remember, winning 2-1 at 90 minutes and he let in 2 goals and they won 3-2. He's obviously improved since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Apparently Harry Kane has just been booked.
    Yes, he’s on at East Dene WMC after the bingo

Argies so hard to play against - hope not, but could see them winning this tournament - yet again. How far would they get without Maestro Messi?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Martinez
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    played for Millers 8 times in 2015
    If Argentina do win the world cup, surely that would make Martinez the first player to play for us that has a winners medal? or can anyone think of anyone else? UTM

Even though the Dutch lost, I thought the free kick that led to their equaliser at the death was stunning. If that had gone wrong they would have been destroyed by their own fans and media at home for not taking the shot, and you needed nerves of steel to attempt, and execute, something like that. It reminded me of when England won the rugby world cup in Australia in 2003 when Jonny Wilkinson was waiting for the ball to have a drop kick chance right at the death in extra time, but was a fair way out, and Matt Dawson got the ball and turned to give it Wilkinson and the Australians all ran at wilkinson to block him, but Dawson feigned to give it to wilkinson and instead turned, ran with the ball and gained about another 20 yards which made the drop kick a lot easier and Wilkinson duly obliged. If Dawson had lost the ball when he didnt give it to wilkinson the first time, he would have been destroyed by the fans and media, nerves of steel. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Even though the Dutch lost, I thought the free kick that led to their equaliser at the death was stunning. If that had gone wrong they would have been destroyed by their own fans and media at home for not taking the shot, and you needed nerves of steel to attempt, and execute, something like that. It reminded me of when England won the rugby world cup in Australia in 2003 when Jonny Wilkinson was waiting for the ball to have a drop kick chance right at the death in extra time, but was a fair way out, and Matt Dawson got the ball and turned to give it Wilkinson and the Australians all ran at wilkinson to block him, but Dawson feigned to give it to wilkinson and instead turned, ran with the ball and gained about another 20 yards which made the drop kick a lot easier and Wilkinson duly obliged. If Dawson had lost the ball when he didnt give it to wilkinson the first time, he would have been destroyed by the fans and media, nerves of steel. UTM
    It truly was a moment of brilliance.

??? Does argie manager see a different game

https://www.theguardian.com/football...up-netherlands

Game was ugly due to Argentina being one of the teams.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123