+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: England v France Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1957 View Post
    The dugout will be free to new applicants if you want to put your obvious expertise in for the post when Gareth reads your thread and resigns
    It's far from obvious expertise when the historical facts are the facts .

England are perennial losers in crunch games against top class opponents since 1966 .

If you want to counter the above paragraph with some facts to the contrary I'll be happy to read them .

We are are a country that have the most passionate fans 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿We try so hard to believe that we will overcome our demons and win a a tournament but your negativity totally pisses me off , and always remember your opinion is your own

I standby what I said last night. I believe this crop of players has the ability to win a tournament. I look at the semi final line up in this tournament and I genuinely don't see a better squad than England have out of the 4 teams left in this.

Personally I think it's a good time for change. Southgate should stand down and hand the reigns ova to someone else. He's had a fair old crack at it to be fair and done a good job.

We are are a country that have the most passionate fans ��������������We try so hard to believe that we will overcome our demons and win a a tournament but your negativity totally pisses me off , and always remember your opinion is your own
    Having observed the different fans at this and previous World Cups it is a big claim to say English fans are the most passionate in the world. But, if that is your opinion I respect that as your opinion.

I may disagree with what you say but will defend to the upmost your right to say it.

Your opinion is your own and other opinions are equally worthy to be expressed.

We are are a country that have the most passionate fans 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿We try so hard to believe that we will overcome our demons and win a a tournament but your negativity totally pisses me off , and always remember your opinion is your own
    We haven't even the most passionate fans either , not a patch on the Argentina fans .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I standby what I said last night. I believe this crop of players has the ability to win a tournament. I look at the semi final line up in this tournament and I genuinely don't see a better squad than England have out of the 4 teams left in this.

Personally I think it's a good time for change. Southgate should stand down and hand the reigns ova to someone else. He's had a fair old crack at it to be fair and done a good job.
    As I said last night Pass there's nobody coming up behind Stones and Maguire and Kane will be 33 at the next world cup and we are going to have to find someone to fill his boots .

He may just do another world cup granted but he may not either .

We may have missed the boat mate , a virtual home Euros and a World Cup venue as neutral as you could get .

Admire your optimism mind .

It's nowt to with opinion and more to do with historical facts and facts are facts , we play someone decent in tournaments and we lose every single time .

The problem with the Ingerland mentality and playing the proud Englishman is the facts totally destroy your perception of reality and it's difficult to accept .

Now your attempting the best fans thing as some sort of compensation and that's not true either .

In my opinion there are three great footballing nations whose fans are way more passionate than ours , Brazil , Argentina and Italy .

You go to the back streets of Rio , San Paolo , Buenos Aries , Rosario , Turin or Naples and you see murals everywhere of their great players and achievements .

A young kid growing up in Buenos Aires only dreams of playing for Argentina and wearing that shirt .

It's the same in Brazil and Italy .

We don't have that kind of culture here in my opinion , we are passionate but nowt like they are .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    As I said last night Pass there's nobody coming up behind Stones and Maguire and Kane will be 33 at the next world cup and we are going to have to find someone to fill his boots .

He may just do another world cup granted but he may not either .

We may have missed the boat mate , a virtual home Euros and a World Cup venue as neutral as you could get .

Admire your optimism mind .

The next Euros in Germany is probably the last chance for some of the lads like Kane, Stones and Maguire before they're over the hill at international level.

The key is finding replacements. We have nearly 4 years to get some fresh blood in afooar next world cup and it is possible.

Thee think, since 2018 we have seen the emergence of Bellingham, Saka and Foden who are top quality footballers.

On the subject of passionate fans, the Turkish and Greek fans are up there with owt imo. They're bloody bonkers and fair play to em

Correct me if I’m wrong (which I’m sure some on here will) do we have police in armed gear and dogs walking the perimeters of the pitch protecting the players of these so called fanatical morons that these said super stars come from ( South America) we are decent human beings that love watching our team from week to week and surely don’t go to the match with intentions of beating everyone who crosses our path. ultras are not fans they are Morons . Growing up with a skill in these countries is a blessing

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast