+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: England v France Match Thoughts

Being a Englishman doesn’t tha get that ��

For a so called supporter of the reds, who as turned is back on them, thas got some cheek to call anybody who has an opinion

Daft comment Batman…. The threads about England v France. Not about wether any of us have turned our back.
    Been an emotional neet.

My reply was to to (proud of what ) for your information

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1957 View Post
    My reply was to to (proud of what ) for your information
    If your talking about last night there's nothing even remotely to be proud about and I don't do proud just because of a flag .

I can be proud to be English when there's something to be proud of .

Another hard luck story , not for me .

The game itself cudda gone either way.

The tournament went, as many past tournaments have done, as I posted on here a couple of weeks ago. Too much praise for the early games beating the poorer teams. The first time we come up against one of the world's top teams we find it difficult to get over the hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The game itself cudda gone either way.

The tournament went, as many past tournaments have done, as I posted on here a couple of weeks ago. Too much praise for the early games beating the poorer teams. The first time we come up against one of the world's top teams we find it difficult to get over the hurdle.
    Difference is we believe but the French knew .

What I mean is we are attempting to be France but France are already there and know how to get it done , the same as the Germans got it done in two 90's semi finals .

Serial winners whilst we dream of it , you can add the Italians to that list too , they won the Euros because they've won world cups , history tells them they are great .

I remember Spain as an under performing nation given their talent and a serious football country but just look how good they had to be to get that monkey finally off their back and become serial winners .

I don't envisage this country to produce the kind of talent Spain had that covered two Euros and a World Cup even if we had three golden generations arriving in one hit .

A history of failure , bad luck and bottle jobs beats one Saturday afternoon in July 1966 on home soil in a 16 team tournament all day long in my opinion .

Sorry for the negativity everyone and those that still dream fair play to you .

I know in my lifetime we aren't going to do it .

Gerrum rarnd bottlin plant up monk bretton !

The dugout will be free to new applicants if you want to put your obvious expertise in for the post when Gareth reads your thread and resigns

Thankfully we won it in my lifetime but I was too young to appreciate it 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast