+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Predictocomp discussion thread

Predictocomp discussion thread

Any comments?

It’s a lot easier to run this season but that might be at the expense of customer satisfaction. I pick the games and are you still OK with that? Too easy/difficult/obvious? Wrong leagues? Anything else bugging you?

I’d rather not muck about with the rules and admin too much now that we’re all up to speed but handling postponements has already been raised and I’ve had comments in favour of marking them when they’re eventually played (like last season) and keeping things as they are. Feel free to add to that debate or raise anything else that could improve things.

Consider this your chance to challenge, question or comment. Over to you.

I like it the way it is.

I agree that postponements are troublesome though. Perhaps divide the games into 2 groups where 1 group everyone has to predict results (H,A,D) and the other group people predict scores. That way, if a postponement happens, it affects everyone the same

I know you never asked (and it’s not under consideration), but I’d like to see the return of the bonus question for next season.

I agree with Howoldboy to a degree, it is good the way it is. Not sure on the group A/B change half way through though if I’m honest. The idea though is a good one for next year & would make it easier to score for you.

I don’t remember a bonus question though, was that a bonus game? My bonus game started because of Covid & has just stayed on now.

There are certainties in life, games get called off, people balloon penalties over crossbars & Dale are crap… 😀, I tried once to add extra games each week to catch up after a bad spell but caused more pain than it was worth..

We all signed up to the rules at the beginning of the season so why consider changing it after a bad week of call offs?

As for fixture picking, someone has to do it, there is no rhyme or reason how I pick mine & sometimes ask the Mrs to pick a few. Again (sorry to keep going back to mine) I asked once for any volunteers to make “guest” predictions, no one bothered..

I occasionally get scores wrong as no one double checks mine & going the Dog before I do it does not help some weeks 😀

You do a great job mate 👍

The bonus questions were a good few seasons ago to be fair. Piglet hated then so bringing them back at some point may be a goos idea.

Piglet is a kno8he4d… felt sorry for Bumble..

One other idea I have been toying with Griff is binning the bonus point game & picking a team to win.. Prem > League 2 only.. the question I have for myself is how many points.. 1,2 or 3…

It’s a different take on home or away..

Keep the good work up Griff,I will always be bottom as I don't study form,I just bang a score in at the last minute. Always enjoy it though. Why change the format if its not broke. Time you had a prize for finishing bottom.Lol

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)