+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Common cold vs Covid

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Some folk are still wearing masks.
    I suppose they'll wear them forever.
    Mandatory on public transport in Brazil. I had to wear one to get out the country, as nobody was getting through the airport without one. Thankfully, they’re not really an inconvenience.

Personally I was much more frightened of the publics reaction to the pandemic & the f*cking amateur’s trying to control it. Covid deniers, profiteers, Google scientists, bog roll hoarders….it wasn’t humanity’s finest hour. It’s going to get much worse from here on in as well. That genies out the bottle. It’s not about keeping the population frightened, it’s about keeping them angry

Well, it is a bloody inconvenience.

They're not angry, too frightened to be angry.

Well, it is a bloody inconvenience.

They're not angry, too frightened to be angry.
    But why is/was it an inconvenience? Unless you have respiratory problems I really struggle to see the problem, especially when it could protect others.

Is the real issue that you were told to do it by Nicola and Boris (on the advice of well trained scientists), but you think you should be able to do whatever you like, even in unprecedented times when people were dying and there wasn't really any sort of reference in living memory on how to react ? (For the record, I think Johnson is a f**kin idiot and made a complete ar*e of everything he touched)

Of course it was an inconvenience.

As was all the shìte they made up about travelling.

Passenger locator forms for fück sake.
    Do you think anyone ever read one of those EVER?

Testing when you returned to the uk?

They sent you the fücking thing in the post for fück sake.

Someone somewhere worked this out, what was their conclusion to how many of them would be done properly do you think?

It's almost a year since I sent the last one away, I'm still waiting for the results.

Of course it was an inconvenience.

As was all the shìte they made up about travelling.

Passenger locator forms for fück sake.
    Do you think anyone ever read one of those EVER?

Testing when you returned to the uk?

They sent you the fücking thing in the post for fück sake.

Someone somewhere worked this out, what was their conclusion to how many of them would be done properly do you think?

It's almost a year since I sent the last one away, I'm still waiting for the results.
    We're talking about masks, based on your comments around how they never worked etc etc (the traveller tracking and un-enforced, untracked mandatory self-isolation post travel (after dragging yourself unhindered across whichever town on public transport) is another argument - and one I agree was just for show).

So how exactly was popping a little piece of fabric over your mouth and nose such a monumental inconvenience to, not just you but the public as a whole?

I'm curious as to how people see this:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63954862
    Civil liberties being eroded, totally unenforceable or enlightened illness prevention?

2020 just called. It wants its tedious argument back.

This used to be a place for thoughtful and insightful discussion about borderline boilers, WYOWNs, the late Phoenix’s auntie’s voracious carnal appetites, and the annual (around now) shaming of buc for his poor knowledge of Kirsty McColl’s state of consciousness, sentience and deidness.

It was 21 years on Monday since I stopped smoking.

If I ever again fancy starting then I won't be going to New Zealand to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    2020 just called. It wants its tedious argument back.

This used to be a place for thoughtful and insightful discussion about borderline boilers, WYOWNs, the late Phoenix’s auntie’s voracious carnal appetites, and the annual (around now) shaming of buc for his poor knowledge of Kirsty McColl’s state of consciousness, sentience and deidness.
    Fair point - always the voice of reason and balance 😀

Still would like to know why its such an inconvenience, but I guess that's another of the boards great mysteries.

Rowie or buttery, but never a roll.

And always a chipper.

Ahhhhhh, normality

It was 21 years on Monday since I stopped smoking.

If I ever again fancy starting then I won't be going to New Zealand to do it.
    18 for me on the 27th. Still fancy one now and then. I think the world is probably a better place with no ciggies, but people should get that choice! I often thought I might give it a go again in my later years, if my wife goes first 😉

That's another one off the list of places to retire to.......I'm going to be left with Scotland or f*****n England at this rate!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast