+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread Rams v FGR

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Well, you all seem to have given us the three points so that's it then game over!

Absolutely nailed on boring 1 - 1 draw!
    Aye more than likely, but if it is then my prediction of a top 6 finish starts to look off the mark.

I was a bit off the mark, instead an easy win the big man grabbing a hat-trick.
    Back into the top six thus keeping things nicely bubbling. Lovely stuff.

Strange game, the early goal killed the atmosphere in the stadium, we seemed to have a gear to spare all through. The first five minutes of the second half was the most aimless crap I can recall. Still, 4-0 with a hat trick better than last week and now top 6!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I was a bit off the mark, instead an easy win the big man grabbing a hat-trick.
    Back into the top six thus keeping things nicely bubbling. Lovely stuff.
    Oh ye of little faith! Anyone would think six decades of supporting Derby had challenged your capacity for optimism.
    Good and encouraging win leaves us nicely placed for the trip to Bolton.
    Pleased MA’s money was well spent, and how grateful should we be to Liam Rosenior for having the vision and persuasive powers to sign McGoldrick?

Can't complain about that now can we. Playoffs now

Great result without playing that well. Must admit at the end of last season with things look bleak if someone had said we would be top 6 at christmas, id have taken it without a doubt. Couple of good signings in January, get Knight back in the team then push on.

Merry Christmas

A my reign as Mystic Swale lasts a little longer! I did feel we had it in us to score goals and was right! It could ahve been 6 or more, and its no surprise that the team plays within itself when its so in charge in a game. Anyway onwards and upwards, my top 6 prediction remains in place.

Whilst clearly some players in to strengthen the squad are required, i do worry that a change in squad dynamics might upset the balance. Its tricky I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Great result without playing that well. Must admit at the end of last season with things look bleak if someone had said we would be top 6 at christmas, id have taken it without a doubt. Couple of good signings in January, get Knight back in the team then push on.

Merry Christmas
    Totally agree with all of that Sith. We are slowly putting the Morris era behind us with supporters, players and all at the club now working together in the rebuilding of our club. As if to be once again talking footie isn't enough we can even enjoy a bit of success on the field as well!
    Merry Xmas to all and here's to more of the same in the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    A my reign as Mystic Swale lasts a little longer! I did feel we had it in us to score goals and was right! It could ahve been 6 or more, and its no surprise that the team plays within itself when its so in charge in a game. Anyway onwards and upwards, my top 6 prediction remains in place.

Whilst clearly some players in to strengthen the squad are required, i do worry that a change in squad dynamics might upset the balance. Its tricky I guess!
    Keep up the good work Mystic Swale!
    Making the top six will mark an almost unbelievable turn around since the summer when it was all doom and gloom. January could be an interesting month!

I agree, its more than we could have hoped for. Best for me though is that we don't have an owner going round giving it large, but one who quietly works away in the background seeking to operate the club on a sustainable basis with no wild promises.

Who said a local fan couldn't be a good owner of a football club?

Wherever we land this season, there is a good basis for the club to build on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)