+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelty Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    It is due to warm up from this weekend and that coupled with the artificial pitch should ensure that the game will be on but it will still be a bitterly cold watch come Saturday. Plenty of layers required.
    A big Saturday Christmas shopping day coupled with this absolutely Baltic cold spell could mean the lowest league
    attendance at Palmy this season

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    A big Saturday Christmas shopping day coupled with this absolutely Baltic cold spell could mean the lowest league
    attendance at Palmy this season
    Good excuse to skip that shopping 🤔

Pitch still frozen as we speak and only a sharp rise in temperatures will save tomorrow’s fixture. We still have several players struggling with a flu bug.

The biggest consideration should be to the players and fans of Kelty for their safety but when has that been done?

Massive difference in the outside temperature in Dumfries compared to last night and this morning. Current +5 degrees

Game on.

Wish it had been minus 35 and game was called off. First half decent and deserved first goal, without any kind of dominance or Kelty fightback from there on. Second half was dreadful with Kelty deservedly getting the leveller. Unfortunately a horrendous penalty decision cost us the three points. Although it is debatable that we could have held out for a draw, given how bad we were second half. Raging here still about the penalty, and that we may have sneaked a (possibly undeserved) point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Wish it had been minus 35 and game was called off. First half decent and deserved first goal, without any kind of dominance or Kelty fightback from there on. Second half was dreadful with Kelty deservedly getting the leveller. Unfortunately a horrendous penalty decision cost us the three points. Although it is debatable that we could have held out for a draw, given how bad we were second half. Raging here still about the penalty, and that we may have sneaked a (possibly undeserved) point.
    I agree with you totally in that although Queens went into half time one nil up it was barely deserved but we capitulated in the second half. Yes immediately when Connolly and Ruth replaced Lewis and Reilly we nearly scored to changed the outcome they were more than deserved victors overall as we appeared leggy and lacked enough passion to take anything from the game. Ultimately very disappointing performance overall.

Bagapapa and I rarely agree, but I thought our keeper bravely saved at the feet of the Kelty forward and although I have obviously not had the opportunity to see the incident, I do not think it was a penalty in a million years.
    That being said Kelty controlled the 2nd half with Forster and Low their numbers 6 and 8 completely bossing the show
    Can anyone please tell me why we were playing for time at 4.15pm? Instead, Wullie should have been bringing on his subs to change the game. Did he not watch England v France? Not being an England supporter, they could have won that match with wise substitutions.
    Sorry Wullie, I think you got the decisions wrong today, and you should have changed the game earlier. You waited until 4.35pm to make a double substitution, and for me that was 20 minutes too late.
    Yes we could have won 2-0 when their keeper brilliantly tipped over the bar from Lee, but we should have been pushing Kelty back much earlier.
    What has this game proved? We desperately need to bring in at least 2 players in January. Signing someone like Forster to 'boss' things would be a start, but our management team need to be more proactive. What is the point of having 7 subs if all they do is warm the bench?
    We didn't deserve to lose today, - because the penalty was harsh, but we 'fawned' and ultimately succumbed to a hungrier team and in the end we got our just desserts.
    This league has taught us many times that you cannot expect to win, just because you are full time and your name is Queen of the South. Kelty Hearts (who) came here today and were in complete control and that should not happen.
    Am I being too negative? No, just brutally honest, but as we hit the mid point of the season, we still have time to sort out all our problems, but we have to face up to our shortcomings and Wullie just needs to take this loss on the chin and accept that he maybe got it wrong today.
    Come on Wullie, I know you can do it, but we have to start delivering i(nstead of dithering) week in and week out

Got to disagree, whilst maybe I wouldn't use the words deserve to lose, I thought Kelty were probably worthy of the three points. You get what you put into a game and QoS were well off it in terms of tactics and effort in my eyes.

It perhaps wasn't a penalty, I simply don't know as I was too far away to see however its very telling there were no protestations from Currie or any of the players.

It's just another disappointment in an underwhelming season

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)