+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kelty Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Got to disagree, whilst maybe I wouldn't use the words deserve to lose, I thought Kelty were probably worthy of the three points. You get what you put into a game and QoS were well off it in terms of tactics and effort in my eyes.

It perhaps wasn't a penalty, I simply don't know as I was too far away to see however its very telling there were no protestations from Currie or any of the players.

It's just another disappointment in an underwhelming season
    Absolutely spot on.352. Qos we’re the better side for the first 10 minutes then the rest of the first half it was probably even in terms of possession and half chances. The second half Kelty completely bossed the game and everyone around me could see it but yet again no changes from the manager to try and improve things until it was way to late as Kelty had the momentum by the time he made the changes. And in terms of the penalty. From where I was it looked a certain penalty and I certainly never seen one player complaining about it. Which is saying to me it was a pen.
    And another point I would like to make is the crowd. That has got to be the lowest for a good few seasons. Yes it Xmas etc but people are walking away and unless there is either major changes or a change in attitude by the club then we will be looking at the harkness era again

An indefensible performance. Apart from maybe Josh Todd not a single player wanting to go and give everything for a win. If Wullie keeps playing those two at centre half they will get him the sack. Unfortunately Paul McKay has no form this season at all and no desire to defend when it matters. Dave McKay had at least shown some aggression but he ignores the cross to let Austin score. If we had a flu bug and lack of energy then we need to use the subs earlier. A lack of urgency on the pitch and on the sidelines yesterday.
    Is there some mystery as to why Calvin McGrory never plays a full game. Our desire to let other teams dominate midfield is baffling.
    Yesterday was the flatest I have ever seen a first game at Palmerston. The only positive was the Ladies team and girls team at half time. Even the lesser spotted Chairman was seen.
    Lastly where are the players interviews after defeats. If the manager can face up why can't the players.

Qos dreamer, despite my post having a dig at the lack of tactics and especially punctual substitutions, I would say that Ian Wilson had a good game yesterday. He dug in, fought back and had a decent shot from distance.
    I still stand by my post that the tactics were inept and playing for time with 30 minutes to go at 1-0 was suicidal - as it proved.

Attendance was 880....
    League Average so far this season is 1099

Given the bitter cold this week and the closeness to Christmas, plus the fact there were only about 16 away supporters this was remarkably decent.
    Regardless, it's time for Wullie to take the bull by the horns and get some points on the board to bring people back to Palmerston .

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Given the bitter cold this week and the closeness to Christmas, plus the fact there were only about 16 away supporters this was remarkably decent.
    Regardless, it's time for Wullie to take the bull by the horns and get some points on the board to bring people back to Palmerston .
    The last time we were in this league we played Brechin at home winning 1.0 with a crowd of just short of 1500 which was at that time one of the lowest of the season. So to say yesterday was a decent crowd shows what we have come to accept.
    It all comes down to what is on show and what ambition there is. And as there isn’t any of that at Palmerston the figures show people are voting with their feet. Something needs to change as we are spiralling downwards at the moment in terms of the support and the way the club is heading

I thought that Wullie's post match interview was spot on and it's clear that he will bring in replacements in the January transfer window. He has had enough of our current defensive line-up. Watch this space.

Darragh O’Connor on loan from Morton perhaps 😉

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    The last time we were in this league we played Brechin at home winning 1.0 with a crowd of just short of 1500 which was at that time one of the lowest of the season. So to say yesterday was a decent crowd shows what we have come to accept.
    It all comes down to what is on show and what ambition there is. And as there isn’t any of that at Palmerston the figures show people are voting with their feet. Something needs to change as we are spiralling downwards at the moment in terms of the support and the way the club is heading
    Fatfan, I feel your fear and completely understand where you are coming from, - honestly. However, - there are a lot of factors which need to be added to the mix which have resulted in ever reducing crowd figures. Our fan base is elderly, and a lot have sadly died out or are unable to attend matches, - particularly in the cold weather. Our industries have also died out, - meaning that the traditional fan base has gone. Covid struck a serious blow in terms of people getting out of the habit of attending games, and now the cost of living crisis has seriously impacted on where people wish to spend their disposable income.

The solutions are not easy to find, - although the most obvious one would be to start winning matches regularly and not disappointing those people who have paid to turn up, - which effectively goes without saying. That places a lot of extra expectation on the shoulders of the players and management, - but the least the paying supporters should expect is 100% commitment for 90 minutes. The World Cup Final surely demonstrated that yesterday, - when both sides literally burst a gut for 2 hours plus all the added extra time. Queens have played a handful of games this season at 100% tempo and for most of those matches they have been rewarded handsomely apart from the Alloa and Dunfermline 1-1 draws, - so more of the 100% tempo please, and less of Saturday's half hearted attempt thanks.

The other issue is attracting the young supporter, - and Queens are doing all they can in terms of the Junior Blues etc, - but in essence, only an attractive playing winning formula will encourage youngsters away from their 'phones and games consols.

On paper, it's easy to be wise and paint a winning formula, - but squads who work hard and chase down every ball will wear down the 'better' teams, - and that is what Queens must do.

Need to get our first league victory over Kelty Hearts starting this weekend and keep the pressure on those above us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)