+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dike is back

Dike is back

Only just got round to checking last nights results and I see Dike scored the winner for WBA.

Good Luck to the lad , he certainly provided a ton of joy during those covid months .

3 appearances not full games. 1 goal,1assist.

We had an affordable deal for him didn’t we, said the arseoyle!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Only just got round to checking last nights results and I see Dike scored the winner for WBA.
    I watched the game & Dike was superb, he came on mid way through the second half & changed the game , laid one on & netted the winner , lets hope he stays injury free .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    3 appearances not full games. 1 goal,1assist.

We had an affordable deal for him didn’t we, said the arseoyle!
    The only way he would have ended up here was if we had got promotion & I think it was Dane the chief executive who made that a possibility but with the fee that West Brom had to pay was reported to be in the £7 million bracket & if anyone thought a championship club on our budget was going to fork out that kind of fee then they are in cuckoo land .

The deal with West Brom came after he had his successful spell with us. My view is the fee they paid was well over and above the terms we had agreed to when we took him on loan.

Whatever the reality, what we were told didn’t materialise. As usual we weren’t given an explanation leaving us to make up our own minds as to what happened.

Oulare and Iseka were very good replacements for Dike brought in by Acting CEO Conway ( Arseoyle) so we lost nothing really in our strike power.

The permanent signing of Dike was totally dependent on us having Premiership money to spend.

Was Mowatt playing last night ?

I don’t remember anyone saying there were conditions associated to Dikes signing, like premiership cash.

I remember them building expectation and then letting us down. We can debate the whys and wherefores after the event but he didn’t arrive as promised, the reality being the owners wouldn’t put up the agreed fee. As for oulare and Iseka - tha meks mi laugh, as it was surely a joke signing them

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I don’t remember anyone saying there were conditions associated to Dikes signing, like premiership cash.

I remember them building expectation and then letting us down. We can debate the whys and wherefores after the event but he didn’t arrive as promised, the reality being the owners wouldn’t put up the agreed fee. As for oulare and Iseka - tha meks mi laugh, as it was surely a joke signing them
    Money is always implied in context It's a business.

I believe Mowatt is on Loan at Middlesbrough since August and not had a game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast