+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rumours club is in financial trouble ?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Well, I've heard some absolute garbage, but that really must take the first prize.
    Respect to you for reading it in the first place. He won’t like the one liner reply.

I have to be honest and say I didn't read it all, but as I was scrolling down the drivel, I saw Darios name crop up and was diverted lol.

[QUOTE=MikeSB;40176684]

Its obvious the costs of a Cat2 academy is so high to the club that almost no other club including ones with far higher gates than us won't pay the costs even with the subsidy from the FA/PL. WHY is my question. The whole purpose of this club is the academy. Dario ruined this club because of it and we need to get back to the FIRST team but don't think we will until we go into the National League. Clubs are beating us in the Fourth Division that would never have done so years ago...Barrow lost 3-0 and we beat them easily in the old days....

A bit insulting to state that Dario ruined the club because he introduced the Academy. I would suggest that he actually saved the club from oblivion with his vision. And I am unanimous in that!!

[QUOTE=Timmy58;40176737]
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post

Its obvious the costs of a Cat2 academy is so high to the club that almost no other club including ones with far higher gates than us won't pay the costs even with the subsidy from the FA/PL. WHY is my question. The whole purpose of this club is the academy. Dario ruined this club because of it and we need to get back to the FIRST team but don't think we will until we go into the National League. Clubs are beating us in the Fourth Division that would never have done so years ago...Barrow lost 3-0 and we beat them easily in the old days....

A bit insulting to state that Dario ruined the club because he introduced the Academy. I would suggest that he actually saved the club from oblivion with his vision. And I am unanimous in that!!
    Well, opinions are opinions. The reason is the club cannot move on from the academy. And the second reason is that this club has existed as a Professional Football Club for over a hundred years and all we have from Dario's time is 6/7 years in the Championship and now 17th in the fourth division. To my mind that is not progess but a blip. It really does not work when the club has turned into an amateur youth team. Colchester had a Cat2 academy. Have you seen where they are in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    I have to be honest and say I didn't read it all, but as I was scrolling down the drivel, I saw Darios name crop up and was diverted lol.
    Haha, still reading my posts. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I must have been at a different Forum last night Gazan the board did nothing to reassure me they made it perfectly clear we have huge losses, no money for the January transfer window, loans only and only if we can off load some of our crap that we failed to off load in August. The current economy affects everybody even the wealthy just to a lesser degree as they can withstand the hit, I guess by that comment you are a 24 carat gold plated Labour voter (and I mean no offence by that everybody is entitled to their preference)
    Two things: I haven't voted Labour for a very long time. Why would I? The difference between Labour and Tories is cigarette paper thin.
    As for your all in it together suggestion - during this current crisis, oil and gas companies alone have made enormous inflation busting profits directly on the backs of consumers. This is just one example currently, never mind the PPE rip-off/subsidy using Covid.
    The tie-in to the Alex is that we are a relatively poor club alongside a number of others, above and below us. Surely you don't think the Alex, Barrow, Manchester City and Newcastle are going to suffer equally in these times, do you?

Wartman, I've just reread my post and, on reflection, the tone unfortunately seems a little confrontational. That was not my intent. Was just trying pose alternatives to your assumptions. 😉

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456