+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rumours club is in financial trouble ?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Certainly doesn't offend me, but I trust you won't be offended either if I don't read your 347th, word diarrhoea cut and paste post. One suggestion if I may....look up the definition of "banging your head against a brick wall" or just the word "boring".
    You are the main offender on this forum and wonder if you have ever played this game or watched football at the top level 'directly'?

I have to thank your kindness in reading my every post and keeping a talley on the number...

When did we last win the World Cup? A very long time ago d'reckon? Maybe all the other teams let us...LOL! It was a great year and I was a mere lad of 21...

Now nearly 80....

Remember Ken Wolstenholme commentary..."They think its all over, well it is now"...Geoff Hurst scoring his goal...

Football history is really great you know...

347th post, and a great big kiss for reading all the others....

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Big difference between the rumour you were putting about, and a club that is cutting its cloth accordingly and trying to work through the very difficult circumstances in which they, and many other clubs find themselves.
    Are you an Alex Board Member or employee?

Oh a one liner from me...Wonders will never cease!

Thanks Wartman, did anyone ask about the costs of the Cat2 academy or whether that could be reduced? I wonder if they will reply to my written questions? Somehow, I doubt it..

Two lines?

No club our size can afford a million pounds per season academy...UNLESS the FA/PL are paying for it...How can we find out?

My response, Wartman, was in relation to the Twitter feed account I was able to get access to. In that, it suggested that the £25,000 'request' was just part of the BoD role as a 10% shareholder. The Alex suggested that the rumour mill developed a life of its own from this snippet. This led me to assume they were downplaying the rumours.

Was the meeting streamed by the club, if not why not ? and /or is there a transcript, did the Chron. cover ?

There wasn't a stream - they said not on O/S, but not why not. (Though RSS Minutes have an item about getting new equipment as existing isn't good enough to stream.)

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    There wasn't a stream - they said not on O/S, but not why not. (Though RSS Minutes have an item about getting new equipment as existing isn't good enough to stream.)
    Graham McGarry does interviews every week with Alex staff and so wonder why the club could not have done something similar to view later by fans. I mean they knew only a say a hundred fans would go to the forum but surely 3000 plus fans would have loved to know what happened. People seem to be able to do a youtube videos easily. The thing is it shows the club is prepared to spend millions on the academy and yet can't organise a simple broadcast like this. Will the official site cover all the questions and answers? Mind you, maybe most clubs don't want to air fans forums?

I posted this earlier on this topic which Mike seems to have ignored. posted by himself, just wish you would take a piece of your own advice

Funding to EFL clubs including ours is shown (£1.2m) and to be honest is quite considerable and pity the club doesn't share this information to fans as its quite or more than relevant when funding for the club, first team and academy is concerned. I may be wrong a little bit but the funding that is provided is very considerable and why perhaps our club persists with the Cat2 academy as they would probably lose a huge chunk if they downgraded or eliminated it.. Therefore its a pointless exercise to keep on about this. These figures are couple of years old and probably been increased since...This has put me out of my misery.... The club needs to be a bit more proactive with all this imo...As we don't know how much the club itself put in and why we keep appointing coaches and managers as someone else is paying lol..

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I posted this earlier on this topic which Mike seems to have ignored. posted by himself, just wish you would take a piece of your own advice

Funding to EFL clubs including ours is shown (£1.2m) and to be honest is quite considerable and pity the club doesn't share this information to fans as its quite or more than relevant when funding for the club, first team and academy is concerned. I may be wrong a little bit but the funding that is provided is very considerable and why perhaps our club persists with the Cat2 academy as they would probably lose a huge chunk if they downgraded or eliminated it.. Therefore its a pointless exercise to keep on about this. These figures are couple of years old and probably been increased since...This has put me out of my misery.... The club needs to be a bit more proactive with all this imo...As we don't know how much the club itself put in and why we keep appointing coaches and managers as someone else is paying lol..
    Yes, I recall posting that but there is a huge assumption there that the club could address but doesn't. This club unfortunately is run by amateurs on amateur grounds. The game against Leyton Orient was called off the day BEFORE the game and all the frost had gone by the evening and the conditions were fine the next day on the Saturday. I live about a mile and a half from the ground and so the conditions in my area were the same as in Gresty Road. The covers were pathetic and useless they use. Maybe spending a million on the academy is more important? I don't know what the club spends on the academy. It was always suggested it was around £760,000 a season. Is that correct or not? Maybe the academy costs that to the club PLUS the subsidy from the FA/PL. They know and so why not tell us? I have emailed the club asking them before the fans forum. Did anyone ask there? I have not had a reply nor read about anything about it. Why not? I don't expect one. I will email them again and assl them. In some sense it doesn't matter to me as I would not pay the huge attendance match day ticket price for lower 4th division youth football but that is my own personal opinion. All the academy graduates are not interested in playing 4th division but want to progress higher. That is reasonable but what good is that to fans where some players say sod it and move on without signing extensions.

In the old days,yes they were good and bad days, players signed here to play for us. Nobody has scored the hat tricks Frank Lord scrored mainly with his head and not one bloody coaching lesson did he have. The point was made by others that the standard of Pro's in that era were far far superior to the very best players in local leagues. I see the academy graduates as local league standard based on MY knowledge of playing this game and watching loads of Pro's actually playing at the time at all levels. I mean when we played Spurs in 1960 in the FA Cup, 20,000 fans were in the ground and they played ALL their international players in that game. Today the top clubs play none of them until the semi finals due to greed of the club and the players. ie todays football is nothing like the old days and that day will never come back. The club could tell us EXACTLY what a Cat2 academy costs and last week thought the conditions at Shavington were better than Reaseheath and so why do we need RH and how much is that facility costing the club?

Its obvious the costs of a Cat2 academy is so high to the club that almost no other club including ones with far higher gates than us won't pay the costs even with the subsidy from the FA/PL. WHY is my question. The whole purpose of this club is the academy. Dario ruined this club because of it and we need to get back to the FIRST team but don't think we will until we go into the National League. Clubs are beating us in the Fourth Division that would never have done so years ago...Barrow lost 3-0 and we beat them easily in the old days....

See one liners could never and should never be used on a 'discussion' forum. Perhaps some fans needa. lesson in reason and articulation?

BTW...Merry Christmas to ALL Alex fans home and abroad...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    The whole purpose of this club is the academy. Dario ruined this club because of it
    Well, I've heard some absolute garbage, but that really must take the first prize.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast