+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enjoying the cricket in Pakistan

Enjoying the cricket in Pakistan

Something about getting up on a cold Sunday morning with the Test cricket on … and England playing this entertaining style. Not sure we are going to win this one in Karachi, but great seeing the England batsmen going for their shots rather than just blocking and waiting to get out … as in years gone by. Harry Brook in his first series looks like an awesome player …. And Inthought the new 18 y/o spinner Rehan looked more threatening than Leach … even though Leach took more wickets …. Roll on Ashes next summer

Brook is a fantastic player, I was in here advocating for him to play last summer, we’ve wasted a summer of his talent already.

Yet another 100 from England’s next captain after Stokes and the player who will break all records set by Cook and Root in my opinion.

Young Rehman as well, looks born to Test cricket.

The lad can bat as well and if he can show his true potential with the bat we have a world class all rounder for the next two decades.

He has the potential to be the highest Test wicket taker of all time having started so young.

I’m not a great fan of Leach though, he struggles to take wickets for less than 35 a piece and doesn’t get many top order men out.

Always strikes me as a bloke who knows he’s an imposter and shouldn’t really be there.

So refreshing to see England taking chances on such young players, I’ve never seen the like of this before.

We’ll probably win this match as well because that’s what we do now, we just attack other sides even when we look down .

Rehan was a bit rash with the bat … showing his inexperience … but has time on his side and will learn.

Agree on Leach …. just bowls darts … little turn … not much threat. Surprised we keep persisting with him tbh.

Good to see the large Albion / England flag set out on the boundary edge … and ironically one from Rotherham too

Almost immediately I turn on the TV Brook is out......this is why I hate watching any teams I support live.

Leach averages just over 3 wickets per match at 34.52, not good enough in my opinion.

Only averages 13 with the bat despite a 92 in one innings.

I’d be looking at the best young off spinner who can bat and giving them an extended run.

I feel that nowadays there’s no excuse for a bowler not to be able to bat, EVERY player should have all rounder ability.

I used to love the days when we had Broad batting at 9, Swann at 10 and for a long period we had Anderson at 11 who had the longest run of “not out’s” in our history I think?

For a long period Broad was my favourite England batsman, if he hadn’t been hit so badly in the face by that bouncer I think he’d have had an average in the mid 30’s, he was a joy to watch with his stroke play.

I believe a time will come when teams bat right down to number 11, if you can find a number 11 who averages 20+ you’ll become a very difficult side to beat.

There will be a debate about how the fit Jonny Bairstow back into the team; I hope they don’t drop Ben Foakes and give Bairstow the gloves, Foakes has done more than enough with bat and as wicketkeeper to justify his place.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    There will be a debate about how the fit Jonny Bairstow back into the team; I hope they don’t drop Ben Foakes and give Bairstow the gloves, Foakes has done more than enough with bat and as wicketkeeper to justify his place.
    A fully fit Bairstow replaces Duckett or Crawley for me and opens during The Ashes.

Broad needs to come back in as well if fit and firing instead of Wood or Leach who I really don’t rate.

I would sooner stay in bed on a cold Sunday morning than get up to watch that s hit.🤣
    I had a full English and watched The Forest Rangers when I got up.

Duckett for me has done enough to get a run in the side. Crawley is a flat track bully … too inconsistent when there is something in the wicket for the bowlers. Bairstow had a bad injury - still not sure how he managed to break his leg and dislocate his ankle playing golf. Will have to play himself back in … but if he gets himself back to last summer’s form then he’s a definite.

Dare I say but Root has been inconsistent of late … but has credit in the bank.

Foakes is the best keeper by a country mile and half decent with the bat.

The fast bowling is ok is all fit .. perm any three from Jimmy, B-road, Robinson, Wood and if fit Stone and Archer.

Should be an good Ashes summer.

Young Rehman, 5 second innings wickets at around 8 a piece! 😎

A total of 7 wickets in the match for him at under 20 runs a piece I think.

Nasser Hussain said he shouldn’t play in this match and that England should keep a winning team.......over to you Kets! 🤣

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)