+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enjoying the cricket in Pakistan

I’m really pleased for the lad, getting a five wicket haul in that Pakistan second innings. Just shows that ‘Mistra Know It All’ Nasser Hussain doesn’t know it all after all!

I don’t know why they sent him in to slog his own wicket away, though?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I’m really pleased for the lad, getting a five wicket haul in that Pakistan second innings. Just shows that ‘Mistra Know It All’ Nasser Hussain doesn’t know it all after all!

I don’t know why they sent him in to slog his own wicket away, though?
    I agree with that Kets.

I’d have sent him in with 10 or 15 needed.

Such a pleasure to have seen us go out there and absolutely kick their a r s e s though, usually a bore fest in Pakistan but Stokes and McCullum have broken a 120 year mould.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I agree with that Kets.

I’d have sent him in with 10 or 15 needed.

Such a pleasure to have seen us go out there and absolutely kick their a r s e s though, usually a bore fest in Pakistan but Stokes and McCullum have broken a 120 year mould.
    Agree totally although as I was explaining to my Aussie grandkids we have only been playing Pakistan with any regularity since the 1960s, with just one Test series before then in 1954 when Pakistan toured England.

Yes they have broken the mould and even the Pakistani crowds have come back to see it, but the mould is only 60 years old or so. That said even the cocky Aussies over here are starting to rethink their predicted white wash in the next Ashes series in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Agree totally although as I was explaining to my Aussie grandkids we have only been playing Pakistan with any regularity since the 1960s, with just one Test series before then in 1954 when Pakistan toured England.

Yes they have broken the mould and even the Pakistani crowds have come back to see it, but the mould is only 60 years old or so. That said even the cocky Aussies over here are starting to rethink their predicted white wash in the next Ashes series in the summer.
    The Aussie bowling attack could easily find us out Yarm.

Cummins and Starc are absolute top draw as is Lyon and Boland will be really problematic on our wickets.

Add Hazelwood if fit and they have a quality attack.

We struggle to get Labushagne and Smith out and Head is at the top of his game.

I just don’t think we can be so “gung ho” with them.

We could do with them getting a couple of key injuries before they tour.

I hate watching Smith bat and he’s such a smug t w a t, I’d like to see him have a nightmare this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The Aussie bowling attack could easily find us out Yarm.

Cummins and Starc are absolute top draw as is Lyon and Boland will be really problematic on our wickets.

Add Hazelwood if fit and they have a quality attack.

We struggle to get Labushagne and Smith out and Head is at the top of his game.

I just don’t think we can be so “gung ho” with them.

We could do with them getting a couple of key injuries before they tour.

I hate watching Smith bat and he’s such a smug t w a t, I’d like to see him have a nightmare this time around.
    Off to Optus stadium on Boxing Day to see Scorchers.

Funny what you say about Smith even most of the Aussies don’t like him now and most really hate Warner.

Labushange could maybe be the best batsman in the world on current form. Certainly between him and Brook.

The Aussies have a great bowling line up and have to say I think it will be a brilliant series. Disappointed to miss out on tickets in the ballot for
    The Ashes but will be close imo and really looking forward to it.

It’s the Aussie bowling attack which worries me … Cummins, Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon … not much weakness there. Mind their batsmen often struggle in English conditions.

Heard some talk on TMS about holding back Rehan for the Ashes and giving Leach the spinner’s role as a holding job. Can’t see McCullam and Stokes buying that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)