+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Facebook, twitter, Internet forums. You wonder how some can even manage to use the Internet.

Not aimed at anyone here BTW.
    Theres always our "guest" from the other side, who seems to believe everything on the internet, well provided it confirms his own narrow perspective.

Definitely need to either get a new forward or convert someone (Knight?) into one, Collins really frustrated me this eve

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Definitely need to either get a new forward or convert someone (Knight?) into one, Collins really frustrated me this eve
    Lots of good work off the ball and defensively but seemed to display the first touch of a rapist. Didn't seem to challenge for long balls in the air either. After about half an hour I commented that there had been several occasions where we had broken, mainly down the left, Barks is there wanting to cross and Collo was 20 yards behind the play... Fortunately, Saturday's opponents are nowhere near as good as the Hammers and I hope Didzy starts.

Whilst talking about transfers, I came across this.

My lot has spent an extortionate amount of money and probably about to spend a lot more today.
    Yet they still hardly make a dent in the grand scheme of the Premier league.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1

It is interesting to see the squads values either increase or decrease.

Now DCFC has probably surprised the hell out of most folks coming from penniless, to play off potential.
    Lets say you did go up, back to the champs.
    That is great, its a better league and folks would be happier.
    But considering the financial disaster, even the champs will be full of relegated clubs awash with money. (probably my shower among them)
    I'm starting to feel DCFCA was right, this really is a monster now out of control.
    Maybe that super league wouldnt be that bad an idea?

I don't see your 'shower' having any problems staying up, there's several far worse than you............unfortunately!!

FWIW, I think the Dogs got it right in not sacking Cooper. He was given time to get 20 odd new signings, who speak almost as many different languages, into a cohesive unit. He looks like he's getting there and they may well be safe.

Just when it looks like we are getting Sibs back, we lose Bird. No total disaster as we can move Smith int Bird's spot and Rooney into RB. 2 young lads on the bench last night as we had no senior backup. Bare bones time. Should be OK for the playoffs but shortage in numbers could be what stumps any hope of top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I don't see your 'shower' having any problems staying up, there's several far worse than you............unfortunately!!
    Injuries, getting horriffic

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Injuries, getting horriffic
    With the number of players you bought it would take a huge amount of injuries to be a problem surely.

With the number of players you bought it would take a huge amount of injuries to be a problem surely.
    every team has the same squad size. 25 of which 17 can be foreign, the rest have to be home grown players.
    So depending on who gets injured and for how long can cripple you.

So for example, Yates/Henderson/ Richards are all injured and home grown players.
    You are aware of that aren't you?
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 31-01-2023 at 04:52 PM.

Just checked up. We currently have 10 players out, 7 injured, 3 ill. One illness is ongoing and no diagnosis.
    Yes we signed players, but not all of them went in the squad either. For example Aguilera the 18 year old from Costa Rica, has just gone to Portugal,on loan from his south American club.

This division, eats money

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)