+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

It seems Warne didn't want a make weight, which I agree with, why bring somebody in if you don't think they are good enough? He clearly isn't a manager in the "wee Billy" style, who collected players just because he could it seemed.

Lets face it, its worked to date, given that hardly any of us (well except for me) expected Derby to be even challenging for promotion this season. There is a concern that a run of injuries could stop progress, but we shall see. Dobbin and Roberts remain with us which is a plus, Dobbin can play as an out and out striker if required.

White it seems is a versatile player, can play as "false nine" and actually given Bird's injury I think he will be involved sooner rather than later.

I'm puzzled with the pair from Arsenal joining the u23 squad, but I guess they can if required step up to the first team and in the mean time are guaranteed playing time in that squad. It seems a clever piece of business by Warne, who wasn't going to agree a loan player would be required to play regularly in the first team unless he merited it.
    Last edited by swaledale; 01-02-2023 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The two we got from the Arse are both forwards and Vigar can cover at tight wing back. Bot no, no pure central striker to cover injured McGoldrick or ineffective Collins
    According to dcfc.co.uk both are with the U21s

Maybe Harvey White could become the new Leon Osman. He’s a similar age and has much the same level of experience as that of barely heard of (at the time) LO and I struggle to think of many other individuals who have had a greater impact on a side than young Leon did 19 (!) years ago.

In other news...Chris Martin been ‘made available’ so could still be signed even thought we’re into February. I wonder.

Chrissy Martin. Great memories. A return? Many fans are waxing lyrical on Social media with a lot saying "get him back".

Me? I say, look at today's squad and what they all do out there on the park. Look at what PW has told us about what he wants from his players. IMO CM doesn't fit into that "pattern".

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Chrissy Martin. Great memories. A return? Many fans are waxing lyrical on Social media with a lot saying "get him back".

Me? I say, look at today's squad and what they all do out there on the park. Look at what PW has told us about what he wants from his players. IMO CM doesn't fit into that "pattern".
    I think I agree, MA...just the coincidence of him being released yesterday and there being talk of us still being able to sign out of contract players that had me wondering.

Probably get picked up to join Aden Flint at Wednesday!

Id have CM back for a short period, McGoldrick seems injury prone and i reckon CM could do a job holding the ball up as a back up for McGoldrick

He might be able to do a job, but my concern would be that he wouldn't fit into the team ethos, Warne seems to view that as a key issue, the team pulling together and CM always seemed a wee bit arrogant.

I'm sure Warne is aware of his availability, but so far he has got the judgement calls right.

PW says he's not interested, so that's that. Probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    He might be able to do a job, but my concern would be that he wouldn't fit into the team ethos, Warne seems to view that as a key issue, the team pulling together and CM always seemed a wee bit arrogant.

I'm sure Warne is aware of his availability, but so far he has got the judgement calls right.
    I think that’s right. I hear, from an impeccable source, that Warne places enormous value on the ‘character’ of his players and that ability alone is insufficient. Maybe that’s a factor in this instance.

CM gone to QPR!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)