+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T: RIP Terry Hall

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Fascinating interview with Terry Hall by Pete Paphides here - about his career and the depression that haunted him for much of his life:

https://medium.com/@petepaphides/whe...d-1cff816b20c6

Thank you for sharing this. Such a good read

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    So few posts on this thread. I wonder why?
    Because it is a football forum and a lot of posters were not even born back then?

I was, and I was into the Specials, but have never felt the need to add to RIP threads to make myself feel better, or to poke a stick as you obviously did with the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Anyone who doesn't know who Terry Hall is wasn't alive in the 70s and 80s. He gets a luke warm reception because of what this site is.
    That's a bit harsh. I was alive in the 70s and 80s but didn't know him instantly by name, but I knew him instantly when I saw the pictures on the news. That was a great era for music, the bland, manufactured so-called 'popular' music was blown away by the arrival of punk and then 2-tone. Ghost town is one of those timeless classics that sounds as good today as it first did. It was the start of music getting political due to the rise of the evils of Thatcherism. Really sad that something similar is needed today.

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    Because it is a football forum and a lot of posters were not even born back then?

I was, and I was into the Specials, but have never felt the need to add to RIP threads to make myself feel better, or to poke a stick as you obviously did with the photo.
    People will also use the forum for RIP threads to share a common respect. I very rarely add to them myself unless I have a genuine feeling or reason that compels me to do so, like on this occasion, which I must add certainly hasn't made me feel any better about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12