+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Best Derby cameo: Taribo West.
    Good call, we were dead and buried when he arrived. He had a shot on his debut, our first win of the season, that was as hard hit as I’ve ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Alternative answer then
    England player GOAT - Brian Kidd
    GOAT Derby player - Billy Caskey
    International GOAT - Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha (Nani)
    Lol...all managed by a certain Scottish Pygmy goat.

Forgot...most overrated player...Fabrizio Ravenelli.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Common ground at last rA. Total waster

I met that squad in the dressing room at the BBG. Roy McFarland a true gentleman and lots of good characters within the squad...Kitson was the exception...talented but selfish player and someone I found to be an arrogant little s....o and so!

Moving back on topic...probably a Brexiteer!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

You mean you had forgotten Ravanelli in the one minute since you last posted this response? Have you been drinking this early, regular multiple duplicate posts today!!

Director of Football - Frank Capra - that's a touch more subtle and requires an education in classics (or for you to be a fan of Russell Grant)
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 21-12-2022 at 10:36 AM.

I met that squad in the dressing room at the BBG. Roy McFarland a true gentleman and lots of good characters within the squad...Kitson was the exception...talented but selfish player and someone I found to be an arrogant little s....o and so!

Moving back on topic...probably a Brexiteer!
    Even Leicester fans didn’t like him. There was a shoe shop called Max in Leicester that marketed shoes under current Leicester players names. I bought a pair of Kitsons dirt cheap just after he’d left, the salesman said the shoes were unpopular because of the Kitson branding!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    You mean you had forgotten Ravanelli in the one minute since you last posted this response? Have you been drinking this early, regular multiple duplicate posts today!!
    Oops...sorry. No alcohol involved...sausage fingers/lack of concentration due to multi tasking/present assembling-wrapping. I’ve been trying to forget Ravanelli for a while.

Best Derby debut. Wanchope.
    Most underrated Derby player. Steve Powell.
    Least liked Derby player. I'll go Ravanelli because his performances never matched his fee or his reputation and his wages had us in financial difficulties long after he had left
    Who's the greatest footballer of all time? Maybe 4 outstanding individuals in Pele, Maradonna, Messi and Eusebio. Pele's 3 World Cups in 58, 62 and 70 put him top of the tree for me.
    Best British player? George Best except when he played against McGovern when he never got a look in.
    Best English player? Maybe these two belong in another category (unsung hero?) but I always thought Hudson (9 caps between 70 and 76) and Currie (17 caps between 72 and 79) deserved far more internationals than they got. Excellent players.
    Best Derby player? Always a difficult thing to go for as it's impossible to compare a Centre Forward with a Right Back. Hector and George come quickly to mind up top as do Saunders and Bobby D. Injury keeps Strupar out of the frame. MF Kinkladze, Baiano are the two outstanding ones to me. Central defence, how do you choose between Dave Mac, Roy Mac and Toddy? Keeper, I have Boulton just ahead of Shilts.
    Best forward line? Gotta be Hector, O'Hare, Hinton. The H for Hit squad for Derby.
    Most 'on a different planet' when playing for Derby? Georgi Kinkladze. I had the luck to witness him quite a few times when he was at his peak with Ajax. On the "wrong planet", I'd have to agree with rA, Claude Davis, Mr 50p Head.
    Best cameo for Derby? McGrath, Ace Asanovic or Branko Strupar. Highly recommended Taribo West and (one that might surprise folk) Yozzer Burns

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Best Derby debut. Wanchope.
    Yep, iconic that debut.
    I don't know if Ravenelli was hated, I was always frustrated waiting to see him turn up the goods, instead he just slipped up every time he received the ball.
    I did hate Eddie Lewis though, and glad GP also observed it.

Yes...Wanchope’s debut was truly iconic.
    Only claimed Ravanelli to be ‘overated’ not ‘hated’. To me he wasn’t a team player. It was all about him and he continued to cost us a fortune after he’d left.
    Best player or GOAT is a bit of a waste of time for the reasons MA has suggested.
    You can’t compare a striker with a keeper for instance...on the subject of which...Shilton is an interesting one. Capable of greatness undoubtedly but also flawed imo...personally I preferred Poom (for skill) and Martin Taylor (for attitude) and I very much doubt Shilts would have made it in the more modern game, let alone played for England, given his very limited ability with the ball at his feet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)