+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential problems ahead

Potential problems ahead

Although I’m looking forward to the start of the season again, I’m a bit concerned about some potential banana skins and am interested to hear other views.

Coutinho. On evidence so far he is not the player he was and is only here because of Gerrard who of course has now gone. Rumours that he wants to go. How unsettling is that to other players, particularly the Brazilian ones such as Dougie who was clearly unhappy only a month or two ago.

Martinez. This celebration thing seems to got out of hand. He seems to be taking a slating from the football world. Will it mess with his head? We don’t even have a decent understudy.

Watkins. Hasn’t been on form for a while now. How long do we persevere? Same could be said for SJM as well.

Just a bit worried it could all unravel leaving us with a poor season and discontented squad.

Really, really hope I’m wrong.

I'm optimistic that we have a great coach who will get the best out of these players and within the next few games have a clear idea on who needs to stay and who needs to move on based on his system & the ambitions of NSWE.

Martinez is a good keeper but will I'm sure acknowledge that he has to be more consistent, if someone comes in for him then it'll be big money as he recently signed a 5yr deal. Let him enjoy the moment then buckle down to helping his team, I'm sure Emery will tell him not to give it the big 'un and focus on his game.

SJM - has to compete for an attacking midfield role, he's good at that with Scotland.

Coutinho - would be great to see Emery get the best out of him, all depends on his attitude I guess but no big deal if he goes. I don't see how that affects Dougie who may have been unhappy under SG but will relish his role under Emery in the double pivot with Kamara.

Watkins - lads I know who support other teams really like him, depends I guess on what Emery wants from him - predator in the middle or out wide running the channels bringing the team up the pitch.

In summary - another season of transition, Emery will have money to spend, he's very well connected so I'm buzzing to see what happens in the summer.

An excellent and optimistic response to what was a not very Christmassy post WCV.

Thanks for laying to rest all my concerns and a Merry Christmas to you.

I think if players want to leave or form dips it's because they know the club is buying better quality, let them go, no man is bigger than the club...

I too am quite optimistic. Im not worried about Martinez and if he did leave im sure we would replace him with someone decent. Most clubs have crap replacement keepers like city having Carson. However Martinez will be staying put for now.
    Im feeling a hell of alot better than i did a couple of months ago.
    Not particularly optimistic about the Liverpool game tonight but you never know.

Here's our biggest problem....Olsen, please get him out of our club....

Wow, a backup keeper, who made a couple of decent blocks, is a bigger problem than a striker who lives offside and a ‘behind-doors season’, who is allergic to barn doors?

Yes, Olsen has appalling distribution, but so does Ollie.

Olsen will be out, when Em1 stops fcking around in Argie and gets back to his day job, his paying job, his bread & butter job.

I fear that we may be stuck with Ollie. Let’s hope that the Spaniard has a few strikers ready to go on Jan 1.

P.s. Fk off Nanny McPhee.

i find bailey the most frustrating player, he thinks hes a world beater but in fact he is on about 5%of his possession, not good enough.We had twelve gilt edged chances... we scored one. not nearly good enough. Ings and Watkins are not the answer. the keeper was not even within the ballpark of being decent. I suggested we take him off and play rush keeper. still so frustrating, bring on january.

Having had time to thaw out from VP and reflect, it does sound like I'm being harsh on Olsen but the guy has a record to be ashamed of, tell me what game he has played where he has not conceeded 3 goals?? Not going through it again, it's still painfull. I just feel after waiting so long to get back to the bread and butter football, the players would have been up for it, saying that the crowd was fairly quiet as well. I feel very flat, it was a long old day, very cold, long queues for everything plus no trains but at least it shows 40,000 can get home withoit which gives us Hope for the expansion plans!

I thought Watkins had a really good game. Our best player yesterday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)