+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Deadline Day rumours/gossip/ or fact,

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Trouble is even if financially the deal suits us he is injured & we need to strengthen up top , the fact that the lad has hardly had much game time & not found the net yet means that even if he recovers he brings little to our squad & a fresh face or two might make the difference , one thing for sure january should be interesting , also after the match on the second we do not have a league game for nearly 2 weeks which might give us some time to do some business .
    The problem is the club's definition of "doing good business" in the transfer window could well be entirely opposite to the fan's definition.

As you say, it will be interesting.

The remit this window is to remain exactly where we are , in the play off spots .

We aren't playing catch up from mid table with 10 points to overall and we aren't marooned in the bottom four several points from safety .

This window whilst important is far from make or break territory where panic can come in to play .

If we have to sell in order to buy we shouldn't in reality be doing anything .

Our season is pretty much set out in terms of what we have to do , just keep going and finish above 7th .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If tha can't shine at Hartlepool at the bottom of league two at 23 years of age then I'd suggest thi career is practically over .

It boils darn to a question of a players hunger and desire to succeed. That's summat a spreadsheet or statistics can't tell thi, which is a major flaw in the way we've recruited players over the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It boils darn to a question of a players hunger and desire to succeed. That's summat a spreadsheet or statistics can't tell thi, which is a major flaw in the way we've recruited players over the last decade.
    Nobody has worked out where to play the lad in my opinion , he's not a left back and he's not a wing back either .

He's the wide player in a front three in my opinion coming inside off the touchline and going past players , a poor man's Saka if you will .

Problem is nobody plays that way in the lower leagues and he isn't good enough to play much higher than league one .

Again statistics are pretty useless in such circumstances .

Big Ted will come good.
    If we are to bring in a big target striker - and start to play up to a big striker - then we also need a spare.
    Big Ted could be that spare - and learning from the striker brought in.

As for Oduor - he was one of the four players I predicted would come good this season.
    Since Thomas got injured we haven’t had a player to carry the ball forward from midfield.
    Oduor could fill that spot.
    I still believe there is a really good player in there - but he needs to start showing it.

The sticking as we are in the respect of not doing any business at all next month doesn't mean we can't tweak the squad we have .

I've thought for most of the season we are playing with a centre back too many .

The merits of Kitching in the back three in my opinion are based around him coming out from the back and pushing up the field in either the wide areas or the left channel .

He's got a decent diagonal pass that's got Jordan Williams in around the back of the opposition defence many times this season .

Why we can't play with a back four and have another player up the park with a bit more technical ability than Kitching plus a goal threat I don't know .

Nowt against Liam whose had a decent campaign thus fair but my thoughts are more towards squeezing a bit more bang for the buck with what we have .

-------- Collins ------

Williams - Cundy - Andersen - Cadden

----------------- Connell -------------

Kane - Philips - Benson / Atchison/ Martin

------------- Cole ----- Norwood -----

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Big Ted will come good.
    If we are to bring in a big target striker - and start to play up to a big striker - then we also need a spare.
    Big Ted could be that spare - and learning from the striker brought in.

As for Oduor - he was one of the four players I predicted would come good this season.
    Since Thomas got injured we haven’t had a player to carry the ball forward from midfield.
    Oduor could fill that spot.
    I still believe there is a really good player in there - but he needs to start showing it.
    Not sure about your predictions Nudge , big Ted is crocked & out for the forseeable future & then he will have to get back to full match fitness , so you can write him off & as for Odour coming good his career has now hit an all time low , he now is getting left out of the 18 man match day squad for a team struggling in a lower league with the icing on the cake being they have now sent him back , not so sure how he will suddenly start featuring for us, at best another loan to a possible non league club or pay him up , either way I do not see a way back with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Not sure about your predictions Nudge , big Ted is crocked & out for the forseeable future & then he will have to get back to full match fitness , so you can write him off & as for Odour coming good his career has now hit an all time low , he now is getting left out of the 18 man match day squad for a team struggling in a lower league with the icing on the cake being they have now sent him back , not so sure how he will suddenly start featuring for us, at best another loan to a possible non league club or pay him up , either way I do not see a way back with us.
    Anything is possible in YN world .

Dike will sign , the owners will spend big and Clarke Odour still has a big future here despite the evidence suggesting otherwise .

As far as Tedic is concerned I think Norwood can sleep comfortably and safe in the knowledge that the young Serb ain't taking his shirt off him anytime ever .

Odour is a fairy who needs moving on fast.... by end of 1st week January 2023.

Tedic is a political signing and needs sending back to Manchester fastest route.... by end of 1st week January 2023.

Williams cost us a fair penny……. Some say nearly £1m from Huddersfield. We click when he plays.
    Definitely off then.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast