+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Deadline Day rumours/gossip/ or fact,

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Odour is a fairy who needs moving on fast.... by end of 1st week January 2023.

Tedic is a political signing and needs sending back to Manchester fastest route.... by end of 1st week January 2023.
    I dont think Tedic was a political signing but a signing that has simply not worked out well but considering we have had some really good loan signings in recent seasons I think he has to be replaced & hopefully we get lucky again , I have nothing against the lad & I feel sure that if City are paying him £13 k a week then he he must have some potential & I wish him well for the future but I agree he has to go back .

13K is mere fluff in the Etihad prince's back pockets to spend on a meal darn at chipoyle for staff.

This Tedic loan occurred about the time Ahmad was binning the arranged Watford pre season friendly at the last minute after Watford had sold tickets for the game in order that he could fill a last minute request from City to play a Man City XI.
    Ahmad would do anything to please his ex City colleagues.

Ahmad then turned his attention to clearing out long standing fans from their seats in the West Stand on dubious safety grounds and failing to do any due diligence rushing through the Hex sponsorship deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    13K is mere fluff in the Etihad prince's back pockets to spend on a meal darn at chipoyle for staff.

This Tedic loan occurred about the time Ahmad was binning the arranged Watford pre season friendly at the last minute after Watford had sold tickets for the game in order that he could fill a last minute request from City to play a Man City XI.
    Ahmad would do anything to please his ex City colleagues.

Ahmad then turned his attention to clearing out long standing fans from their seats in the West Stand on dubious safety grounds and failing to do any due diligence rushing through the Hex sponsorship deal.
    I indeed was one of those long standing fans cleared out from my seat in the west stand & although myself and my grandkids are back in our seats in the west stand it has left a bitter taste. I actually think you are wrong about the Tedic deal , he was only signed this season where as the west stand fiasco was the relegation season the season before .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I indeed was one of those long standing fans cleared out from my seat in the west stand & although myself and my grandkids are back in our seats in the west stand it has left a bitter taste. I actually think you are wrong about the Tedic deal , he was only signed this season where as the west stand fiasco was the relegation season the season before .
    Was the West Stand debacle so long ago. I apologise for that.

It doesn't alter my basic premise that Ahmad is always keen to please his ex City colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Was the West Stand debacle so long ago. I apologise for that.

It doesn't alter my basic premise that Ahmad is always keen to please his ex City colleagues.
    Yes it was in the championship & what annoyed me more than anything was that we were moved from our cracking view just 5 yards into our half to the lower tier in the east stand down the front level with the corner flag which was a shocking view & the first three matches were Sheff Utd, Hull City & Huddersfield & thats what it was all about , they took the stewards from the west stand to accomodate 3 large away followings , I don"t buy all that bull about safety issues being as we had just received a ground safety certificate a few weeks before , I think this was Ahmad dropping a right gooley & hopefully he learnt a lesson from that , one thing for certain is I will never forget it or forgive it .

Definitely no belgium waste of time players this january please

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    Definitely no belgium waste of time players this january please
    A fit Obbi is exactly what we want.
    Unfortunately it seems he’s still injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    A fit Obbi is exactly what we want.
    Unfortunately it seems he’s still injured.
    A fit Obi would make a decent programme seller , Obbi" s contribution to football is in comparison to Putins contribution to world peace ! Neither have anything in common with either .

Leon Wobschall 5 hours ago

MICHAEL DUFF has revealed that Barnsley have already missed out on signing one player who they had hoped to unveil at the start of the January transfer window.

The Reds head coach is keen to add to his squad to bolster the club's promotion prospects, with bringing in a new striking option and right wing-back being among his priorities.

Ideally, Duff wants to bring in prospective signings sooner rather than later to get them assimilated into his squad.

He said: "We've just lost out on one, it was all done and dusted and we were hoping that the player was going to be in training with us (on Wednesday), even though he wouldn't have been able to play until the first week in January.

"Circumstances have changed and he has now found himself in his team at his club and that's all happened in two or three weeks. It changes quickly.

"In a perfect world, that would have happened and we'd have one in and the window has not even opened. But it's changed. It's a game of moving parts. You don't want to put all your eggs in one basket."

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Leon Wobschall 5 hours ago

MICHAEL DUFF has revealed that Barnsley have already missed out on signing one player who they had hoped to unveil at the start of the January transfer window.

The Reds head coach is keen to add to his squad to bolster the club's promotion prospects, with bringing in a new striking option and right wing-back being among his priorities.

Ideally, Duff wants to bring in prospective signings sooner rather than later to get them assimilated into his squad.

He said: "We've just lost out on one, it was all done and dusted and we were hoping that the player was going to be in training with us (on Wednesday), even though he wouldn't have been able to play until the first week in January.

"Circumstances have changed and he has now found himself in his team at his club and that's all happened in two or three weeks. It changes quickly.

"In a perfect world, that would have happened and we'd have one in and the window has not even opened. But it's changed. It's a game of moving parts. You don't want to put all your eggs in one basket."
    Duff will need to get used to the, "Despite working 24 hours a day we just failed to get the deal over the line" stuff from a Barnsley CEO in the transfer window.

It's Barnsley CEO speak for "We wouldn't/ couldn't pay his requested wages" and/or "We wouldn't/ couldn't pay the fee requested".

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast