+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Deadline Day rumours/gossip/ or fact,

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Because he was garbage for us Shad, in his last 18 months here. For whatever reasons, his head had gone by then and he wasn't the same player anymore.
    Ohh and he thought things would be a lot nicer at lovely Luton.
    he wasn't garbage though was he, showed loyalty and commitment , his stats here back that up , at least 2 clueless coaches to work under ,poor players around the team , tactics selections and formations which were at best mind blowing to say the least , stick to rugby Acido !!

Because he was garbage for us Shad, in his last 18 months here. For whatever reasons, his head had gone by then and he wasn't the same player anymore.
    Ohh and he thought things would be a lot nicer at lovely Luton.
    I am not sure how you can single him out to be garbage when the whole team & management were poor, the fact that when we were relegated he ended up back in the championship whist others who have escaped criticism are playing in the third division , if you look at Cauley"s record for us he is in the top ten strikers we have had in our history & he has not yet reached his prime, I wish we had kept him because I feel sure if he had kept fit our goals scored column would be looking a lot healthier & before anyone says he only scores penalties well firstly thats not true & secondly we have not had any for him to have taken !!

Penalties have to be scored , just ask Southgate, Waddle, Batty Pearce etc , how difficult they made it look , 🤭

Yes he was garbage, his performances and attitude had completely gone downhill, and he wasn't the same player anymore. And sadly that lasted for about 18 months, so it wasn't just a one off.
    He's not being singled out here though because they all were poor last season, under two of the worst managers/coaches we've ever appointed.
    Despite all that though, I'd be interested to see what Duff & co could do with him on loan here for the rest of the season.

Yes he was garbage, his performances and attitude had completely gone downhill, and he wasn't the same player anymore. And sadly that lasted for about 18 months, so it wasn't just a one off.
    He's not being singled out here though because they all were poor last season, under two of the worst managers/coaches we've ever appointed.
    Despite all that though, I'd be interested to see what Duff & co could do with him on loan here for the rest of the season.
    Acido, I am not picking a fight but where does this 18 months come from ? if he was garbage as you say for 18 months then you are including the first 6 months which was the season we got to the play offs, the season where he topped scored for us including the last goal of the season at Swansea in which he was trying his nuts off to get us to the play off final , even when he was struggling in the relegation season he never hid despite being played everywhere & anywhere by two coaches who hadn"t got a clue , Woodrow was hung out to dry & deserved a lot more support from our fan base than he got, but hey we love a scapegoat at Oakwell dont we ?

I think most on here know what I think about Woodrow.
    No speed or upper body strength - easily levered off the ball.
    Only time he shone for us was when he had Kieffer at the side of him.
    But IMO he was the best penalty taker I’ve seen at the club.
    I’d rather see Chaplin back at the club other than Woodrow.

Players I wanted to leave before the start of the season:
    Moon
    Woodrow
    Victor
    Palmer

Players I hoped would stay:
    Collins
    Helik
    Morris

Morris and Woodrow are like chalk and cheese.
    Luton fans are witnessing that.

Interesting to read how some of our last season's loans are doing , Amine Bassi at Metz, Domingues Quinos at Elche in La Liga, Remy Vita at Fortuna Sittard , not sure where the Man City midfielder is ? , for me they all added that bit more quality than we currently have ,

Bobby Thomas joins the reds on loan from Burnley .

A young centre half apparently .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Bobby Thomas joins the reds on loan from Burnley .

A young centre half apparently .
    He has been playing for Bristol Rovers for the first half of the season so should be up to speed fitness wise .

Barry Cotter defender from Shamrock Rovers linked with us. Good rumour I’m assured let’s see.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast