+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Deadline Day rumours/gossip/ or fact,

Luton are reported to be in talks to sign Jack Walton , personally & I know I will be in a minority I prefer Walton to Collins & sad to see him go , I would much prefer to cash in on Collins & make Walton our number one . What a surprise Luton wanting to sign a player off us .

Luton could be in for Jordan Williams now that James Bree has been sold to Southampton.

Just an idle thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Luton are reported to be in talks to sign Jack Walton , personally & I know I will be in a minority I prefer Walton to Collins & sad to see him go , I would much prefer to cash in on Collins & make Walton our number one . What a surprise Luton wanting to sign a player off us .
    What lets Walton down is he isn't as good as Collins is coming out and spotting the danger with the high line we play .

Other than that there isn't too much between them but it is key with the way we play defensively in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What lets Walton down is he isn't as good as Collins is coming out and spotting the danger with the high line we play .

Other than that there isn't too much between them but it is key with the way we play defensively in my opinion .
    Here what you are saying & agree but I think Walton is the better shot stopper & prevents more goals, I have not forgotten the great escape complimented by an amazing display by him at Brentford on that wonderful night & I actually think he could be coached to play the sweeper role better but it would appear he could be on his way .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Luton could be in for Jordan Williams now that James Bree has been sold to Southampton.

Just an idle thought.
    I think they have already covered that base SB by bringing in a full back from Leeds .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

for the second time in years I agree with you not much between them

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I think they have already covered that base SB by bringing in a full back from Leeds .
    21 year old Cody Drameh is on loan until the summer. They may be filling the gap until then.

It was only an idle thought but, as you say, Luton could have other plans.

30/01/23 • By Doug O'Kane

Jack Walton is set to leave Barnsley while a loan goalkeeper and striker Oli Shaw are likely to arrive before tomorrow’s deadline.

Goalkeeper Walton is due to join Championship Luton Town on a permanent deal with Harry Isted going the other way on loan.

Walton, who has been at Oakwell for a decade, is out of contract at the end of the season and is set to reunite with former Reds goalkeeper coach Kevin Pilkington at Kenilworth Road.

Isted, 25, has played three league games for Luton since signing from Stoke City in 2017, going on loan several times to non-league clubs.

Best wishes to Jack Walton, for sure mixed emotions for him having spent so long at Oakwell.

Barnsley Football Club can confirm that Amir Ariely has joined Hapoel Be'er Sheva F.C for an undisclosed fee.

Returning to his native Israel, the 19-year-old departs Oakwell after two-and-a half years at the Club.

The centre-back featured on the bench for the Reds for the first team fixtures towards the conclusion of the 21/22 campaign.

Everyone at Oakwell wishes Amir well for the future.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast