+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: January Transfer Deadline Day rumours/gossip/ or fact,

[QUOTE=SBRed48;40207448]Our top four players are not Premiership level. If any club was to make a bid it would be likely to be a Championship club. Not much has been spent by Championship clubs this window--they are feeling the financial pinch. The money is splashing around the Premiership with silly money being paid.

If we did receive any bids from Preston for Williams, it would be interesting to know how much broadly it was that was turned down.[/QUOT

[QUOTE=Shadrack the Red;40207565]
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Our top four players are not Premiership level. If any club was to make a bid it would be likely to be a Championship club. Not much has been spent by Championship clubs this window--they are feeling the financial pinch. The money is splashing around the Premiership with silly money being paid.

If we did receive any bids from Preston for Williams, it would be interesting to know how much broadly it was that was turned down.[/QUOT
    I agree with you SB none of our players are premier league quality & I do not think anyone has suggested they are, but across social media there has been a feeling among the less optimistic fans that we would be selling some of our better players like we usually do & although the championship is not awash with cash deals have still been done & personally with our track record in recent january windows I find it refreshing that we have actually avoided the norm & even to a degree strengthened , minds you we had to considering the amount of injuries we have collected but the point I am making is that in my opinion it has been a lot better window for us than a lot expected , me included .

[QUOTE=Shadrack the Red;40207575]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post

I agree with you SB none of our players are premier league quality & I do not think anyone has suggested they are, but across social media there has been a feeling among the less optimistic fans that we would be selling some of our better players like we usually do & although the championship is not awash with cash deals have still been done & personally with our track record in recent january windows I find it refreshing that we have actually avoided the norm & even to a degree strengthened , minds you we had to considering the amount of injuries we have collected but the point I am making is that in my opinion it has been a lot better window for us than a lot expected , me included .
    I agree with virtually all of that Shads.

My summary of the window (Post 225) makes the same point that it's the best we could have hoped for as the squad has not been undermined.

The only point of difference would be the notion that the owners had a positive policy not to sell. I remain convinced that if any kind of decent bid had been made for our better players they would have been sold.

Whether we have strengthened or not remains to be played out. Duff now knows the cards he has available to play, a number of whom who are not first team ready either because of age, being out of form, or not match fit through not having played first team football for a good while. Polishing diamonds or polishing turds ? We shall find out.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324