+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Deadline Day rumours/gossip/ or fact,

January Transfer Deadline Day rumours/gossip/ or fact,

Reds reportedly showing interest in Exeter City Striker Jevani Brown plus Forest Green Rover's right fullback Kane Wilson ,

Doncaster Rovers interested in signing Joe Ackroyd , loan to buy agreement could be forthcoming .

Bobby Hassall decision .

Jevani Brown, biggish lad of Afro Caribbean heritage, could be realistic in terms of potential fee.

Do we need a right back ? Unless Williams is going.

Tend to go down the route that some wages need to be freed up to allow others to come in .

However some of our fringe players especially the home grown one's aren't on great money by any means , many would be surprised how low they actually are in relation to this industry as a standard .

You'd probably have to shift four or five out , such as Marsh , Ackroyd and Moon to free a wage up for someone who is going to come in and push for a genuine start .

I think Tedic will go back to City which May free up loan wages?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Think you are spot on Perky , I said the same yesterday as I am of the opinion that to bring some quality into the squad it will be via the loan market & sending Tedic back makes sense , footnote , Odour has been sent back to us & I think we will also want to move him on .

Hartlepool boss Curle confirmed to The Mail Oduor will return to Barnsley, bringing a premature end to his season-long loan deal.
    And having revealed Oduor will return to his parent club, Curle has challenged the 23-year-old to go and be successful in his next career move.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Hartlepool boss Curle confirmed to The Mail Oduor will return to Barnsley, bringing a premature end to his season-long loan deal.
    And having revealed Oduor will return to his parent club, Curle has challenged the 23-year-old to go and be successful in his next career move.
    If tha can't shine at Hartlepool at the bottom of league two at 23 years of age then I'd suggest thi career is practically over .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    If Man City are paying 90 to 100% of his loan wages of £13K a week then there is little financial benefit in him going back.

If we are paying a substantial proportion of the £13K a week then, as I mentioned elsewhere, Ahmad has had his pants pulled down again.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If Man City are paying 90 to 100% of his loan wages of £13K a week then there is little financial benefit in him going back.

If we are paying a substantial proportion of the £13K a week then, as I mentioned elsewhere, Ahmad has had his pants pulled down again.
    Trouble is even if financially the deal suits us he is injured & we need to strengthen up top , the fact that the lad has hardly had much game time & not found the net yet means that even if he recovers he brings little to our squad & a fresh face or two might make the difference , one thing for sure january should be interesting , also after the match on the second we do not have a league game for nearly 2 weeks which might give us some time to do some business .

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast